What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 33.1 heading for a low of 19, I have some maple going at the moment but will put some ironwood on before I hit the sleeper.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH
It's 40.6 this morning, nothing in the wood stove but we did use the propane fireplace for heat this morning.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It's 34.4 tonight with two rounds of ironwood and one split of cherry going on some nice coals for the overnight fire, The winds have picked up again tonight, I thought I heard something come down so that will get checked out tomorrow.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH
Same stories here; going to start cutting my night fires down a bit, still trusty ol pine.
3E0551E1-F66F-4DEA-B2EF-C86C0D7795E3.jpeg

I've got a load of red oak in the stove now at 37. Its been raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock and going to continue for the next week off and on. We have had three inches in 4 days and another 4 or so by next friday. It will be in the lower 40s for highs until Monday when I will go back to just overnight fires.

We had 31.4 this morning with another load of cherry going in the Liberty.

After this next load of cherry we'll put in tomorrow, we'll switch over to pine.

It's been in the 30s all day here and I've just been burning up some on the verge of rotted red oak. Trying to consolidate some crap splits out of my stacks before the season is up.

Reactions: MMH
100% ash loads, its shoulder season here, I've been loading the stove every other day with ash and letting it do its thing.

It's 33.5 tonight with 4 splits of cherry and 2 splits of sugar maple in the wood stove for the overnight fire.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear