What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
NOAA has us heading down to 33 tonight so I'm heading down to make a pine fire for tonight.

Reactions: JimBear
No fire. Had windows open today. Loaded up on wood inside because its going to be burnin' weather for next couple days.

It's 45.3 tonight with a pine fire going in the Liberty.

It was 75* here today with wind gusts to 40mph heading to 35* tonight with 10-15mph NW winds, just threw in some Maple & Siberian Elm

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's 40 with rain today with another pine fire going in the Liberty and some dough rising for a loaf of bread, hopefully.

It's 35 tonight with some pine with a few hardwood splits going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Gearhead660
It was in the fifties last night when I hit the hay but I woke up to 29 this morning. I ran to the stove and stuffed it with more red and post oak before I headed out for work. I will be burnin overnights for the next week or so with some cooler than average temps forecasted.

Cold and windy today, lit the fire last night when I came from work around 10:30, all small / medium oak splits since I cleaned the stove out to bare fire brick (my stove functions the best with a minimum 1" ash base) this morning I added some larger oak and ash splits, prob going to keep the fire going till Sunday, just like Griz, cold nw winds today, freeze tonight, temps in the 40's for Saturday and another freeze Saturday night.

We had 32 this morning with some snow still falling, another load of pine is going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Nothing! We moved last month to a new home so no wood heat for us until we get a stove installed. First time without wood heat since 2012. "You don't know what you've got till its gone!"
IMG_1232.JPG

NOAA is calling for a low of 28 so we have a mixture of hard & soft maple with some yellow birch, pine and two rounds of ironwood going.

Last edited:
Reactions: moresnow
45f now at 645 am. This will be the high for the next several days. Looking at overnight temps in the low 20's. Highs in the mid 30's. Hello winter! It's baaaaack;lol elm and pine on the stove menu.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Couple of days of high 50s coming up. I will attempt to clean the chimney bottom up with the sooteater today! Wish me luck.....could not pass the sooteater head through the Encore bypass door.

We had 28 earlier this morning so we loaded the Liberty up with pine, we have 49 at the moment so we won't have another fire until later on this afternoon unless we hit 58 like they're forecasting.

Reactions: MMH
Couple of days of high 50s coming up. I will attempt to clean the chimney bottom up with the sooteater today! Wish me luck.....could not pass the sooteater head through the Encore bypass door.
Success! @bholler said (sometime ago) that it can be done. With enough force i managed to push the head of the sooteater through the Encore bypass. It worked very well there after. Chimney swept, cat brushed, stove cleaned. I wish this was it for the season but it will cool down to low 40s by Tue.
Thank you @bholler

More post oak this morning with 30 right now. Man was it windy last night. Sounded like the chimney was gunna suck the house up through it.

Its 41 now with a forecasted low of 31. I'm loading the stove with red and post oak for overnight. Might have a small warm up load in the morning but it is suppose to get to 52 so I will let it burn out until the evening.