What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nuthin' burning this week. Highs close to 70 all week. Last year we had snow on the ground at this time.

Also nothing at the moment; have had some morning fires, some night fires, and some nothings as our temps still hit into the 60-70 range. We even broke a record last week for the highs hitting mid 70s. Here’s my forecast for the next week. We’ll see what happens.
D64486EB-2284-4BC5-A254-B28CAA3A6A09.png

Here in MA we had a cold snap in late oct with day temps 30-40 degrees and overnights around 25-35. We got 6 inches of snow on Oct 30th! I was burning poplar rounds and uglies during the day and big splits at night. Its not the best type of wood but it was free, dry, and let's me save my hardwood for the winter!

The next 10 days are all going to be 65 during the day and 45 at night so I'm gonna shut down the stove and let the heat pump do its thing. I'll give the stove a good cleaning before the real cold gets here and we're burning 24/7.

Same here as many of the rest of y'all. I haven't had a fire for around 4 days and probably won't until tuesday when temps drop again. It was 76 here today and a low of only 50 for tonight with same pattern til tuesday. I did finally get my rear in gear this weekend and brought wood to the front porch so im ready at least.

It was down to the lower 40s/upper 30s here last couple nights. Burned through a bit of yellow pine. Didn’t need to but first fire of the season is fun. Back into the 80s later this week. 92B3F1F0-7740-4036-ACBD-0E8C50223565.jpeg

I'm burning the pallet that my newly-installed insert came on. Kind of a gross analogy, but it kind of seems like a postpartum animal eating it's afterbirth! Pallet burns great though...got a hot fire going in a jiffy.

After the pallet wood burns down, I'll be reloading with tulip tree wood.

Reactions: Riff
Just ash, we were in the low 70's today.

Reactions: MMH
The 60-70 weather is gone, winter is here. Had first snow fall over weekend not a lot in the valleys a couple inches. Temps commensurate with winter. Highs in the 20-30 range lows in the teens or less. Currently 27 out and feels like 17, tonight a low 11 potentially near 0 with the chills etc. got off work this morning and threw the trusty ol pine in. Might start breaking into the juniper/mahogany tonight.
4E8FFF98-C0E3-4E18-B827-8EC9C2C2AA36.jpeg

The past few days here, it has been 70 plus, where the hell is my winter? I can't wait to move upstate to get the cold and snow I love.

MMH: I am jealous of your snow

Reactions: MMH
The past few days here, it has been 70 plus, where the hell is my winter? I can't wait to move upstate to get the cold and snow I love.

MMH: I am jealous of your snow
And I’m jealous of others I’m hoping for that drop a couple feet storm!

Since we haven't had a fire for what seems like two weeks and the temps getting down in the 30's, I started a small cherry fire in the Liberty.