What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I drink a lot of beer, but even I don't have it for breakfast. ;-)

Just picked up a case of Merry Monks and few large of Hardywood Gingerbread Stout.
Im not a big Monks fan ,Seem to be tasting pepper in there or something like it. I did pick up a half case of Mad Elf Ale which is a lot more to my taste. ID grab a case of Weyerbacher)Double Simcoe too if the suppliers around here ever stock one.

Last edited:
when i would brew i would keep a six for a few years down the road. have any of you done that? it's a whole different animal 6 years after brewing

when i would brew i would keep a six for a few years down the road. have any of you done that? it's a whole different animal 6 years after brewing

Never done that, might think about that. I think 6 years is a bit long. A high ABV beer can be kept a while longer, a year or so, but after that long too many chemical reactions will take place to keep it drinkable.

Reactions: Ashful
i made a honey wheat ale. it was typical straw yellow and came out really nice 4.8 abv. 6 years go by and i opened one up wow black like guinness. smelled good. i figured i take a small sip. it lost some of it's honey flavor but so smooth and still had the wheat taste. i had a friends 10 year stout still good and very strong alc wise. i was just seeing if any one else tried aged beer

[QUOTE="fbelec, post: 2232975, member: 117"i was just seeing if any one else tried aged beer[/QUOTE]
I have some coors light someone (not me) put in my beer fridge about 10 yrs ago ,cant give the stuff away, do you think it got any better ?????

Tried a Founders Backwoods Bastard wee heavy scotch ale today. Tasty... but big.

In related news, I've had heartburn all evening.

[QUOTE="fbelec, post: 2232975, member: 117"i was just seeing if any one else tried aged beer
I have some coors light someone (not me) put in my beer fridge about 10 yrs ago ,cant give the stuff away, do you think it got any better ?????[/QUOTE]Doubtful...might want go get a real silver bullet and put the stuff out of it's misery. lol ;) ;) :) :)

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

It's probably vinegar now. BTW if it has "light" it the name, it cannot be real beer.
My sentiments exactly,i usually dont allow anything with the code word"light" in my shopping cart. Light is code for cheap watered down fake beer.

An old favorite today: Gulden Draak.

Im going to take note of all these suggestions so when i go to the beer store ,i know what to sample. They specialize in single bottle sales and they must have 1000 different brands and flavors.

Belgium (9 million people) has over 2,000 different beers. Majority still brewed by monks. You can take a bicycle tour from monastery to monastery, starts at 9 am. Taste beer all day. Stops at 5 pm. Then you have the choice: cycle back or take the tour bus. Most people take the bus.

Reactions: Ashful
Maine has one of the finest breweries on earth: Allagash. Try their Curieux, or if you're a coffee lover, James Bean. Both speedy, but oh so worth it.
Rusty Rail out of Mifflinburg Pa. has 2 coffee brews both outstanding. Its a worthwhile stop if your in the area. They took a huge train station and made a gorgeous Brewery, Restaurant and Sports Bar .Place is huge . You wont get a seat without a reservation for dinner but you can always order from their sports bar all of whats on the beer menu and a lot of what on the food menu. Food is fantastic too. Prices are very reasonable on both.

Rusty Rail out of Mifflinburg Pa. has 2 coffee brews both outstanding. Its a worthwhile stop if your in the area. They took a huge train station and made a gorgeous Brewery, Restaurant and Sports Bar .Place is huge . You wont get a seat without a reservation for dinner but you can always order from their sports bar all of whats on the beer menu and a lot of what on the food menu. Food is fantastic too. Prices are very reasonable on both.

I travel to Bellefonte once a month and pass that town. I might stop by one day.

Entrance-looking-toward-Main-Dining-area-After.jpg
I travel to Bellefonte once a month and pass that town. I might stop by one day.
Google it , gorgeous place ,they have a website lots of pictures. Must have cost a few million tp put it together.

I stopped for lunch and got this sampler tray. 6 of your choice RR beers on tap.

bdc0f44b-f1be-4542-bc04-576e4a0d6026.png

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink