What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You like KBS, I think it’s just... okay.

l.
I haven't tried it yet (KBS) Ill try some tonight. If its half as good as the CBS ill be happy. I did try the SBJ from Duclaw but so far it did not live up the the hype for me. I really like the Founders porter,it is similar to brews a lot more expensive ,black as coffee and very rich .

I had high hopes for the KBS but i have to say at $5 a bottle i was expecting more. I like the Backwoods Bastard much more at $4 a bottle. And the Founders Porter has the KBS beat at only $2 a bottle. The CBS is a whole n,other animal. Outstanding but $14 a serving . The KBS is good but not better than some of the cheaper offerings from founder. IMO.

Reactions: Ashful
Definitely not IPA. That crap is what you do to beer when it needs to survive a long sea voyage without refrigeration, not anything anyone with good taste should drink on purpose. [emoji12]

This stuff has light hops, a little citrusy, just the right balance of sweet, bite, and booze. If comparing to something most have had, somewhere between a traditional Saison and Tripel.
Mmmmm... wish I was on some of those long sea voyages.
P_20180414_163341.jpg

Reactions: begreen
Last edited:
I'm ALWAYS hoppy!

Reactions: begreen
Don't worry, be hoppy.

Any " Wailing Wench" or " Arrogant Bastard Ale " drinkers out there? Tuckerman Brewing Co. in NH also brews a nice German style ALT ale,

Any " Wailing Wench" or " Arrogant Bastard Ale " drinkers out there? Tuckerman Brewing Co. in NH also brews a nice German style ALT ale,
I saw that on the shelf Friday(Arrogant Bastard) was wondering if its any good. Some reviews list it as bitter, and im not really much of an IPA fan.

i think the world is going to end i got my wife to try a sam adams cream stout and she liked it (hey mikey she won't drink it she hates everything)

My local pub often has Arrogant Bastard. The hop heads seem to enjoy it, but I avoid it.

I've had Arrogant Bastard, not bad, but locally there are better. I can drink hoppy or be a Belgian boozer. As a brewer I am interested in the variations and varieties of the craft. Hops are relatively recent addition as far as brewing goes. Locally there is a brewery specializing in old recipes, some medieval. The Bretts take some getting used to, they're a bit sour, but they are interesting.
https://propolisbrewing.com/index.php?id=1564

This morning’s haul, a few perennial favorites, and some new stuff:

33fcdabd1a3b0c3f3c1d6ffcf1db28e4.jpg ca7a912908749fdc560a99b6376e3caa.jpg 98ad25447c55ab1d3527ac8b2386a392.jpg 5124beedf3f3455394ec3f22c88ef854.jpg 4c84c1b2052d7a0844aae80bd7f590b7.jpg 70d9b2774e3ecfe76d129649cc5b4f75.jpg 61ef47bfa93cb2797d9f57b8fa6545a9.jpg

I’m trying the dank wood now, which is an imperial of my least favored style (IPA), but I do like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had 2 questions and you already answered the first one which was ,how is the dankwood? Reminds me of the Weyerbacher Double simcoe.Not an IPA fan but id drink that any day of the week.
Second question is how is the Delirium. I saw this by the case at my local supplier but not sure of the style. Ill look for it as a 4 or 6 pak or a single.

Had 2 questions and you already answered the first one which was ,how is the dankwood? Reminds me of the Weyerbacher Double simcoe.Not an IPA fan but id drink that any day of the week.
Second question is how is the Delirium. I saw this by the case at my local supplier but not sure of the style. Ill look for it as a 4 or 6 pak or a single.
Delirium is one of my favorites, going back at least 20 years. Classified as a "Belgian Pale Ale", if I recall. If I were to try to describe a Belgian IPA, or at least Tremens, I'd say the flavor is a dry Wit/Weisse, strength close to a Tripel, and a very faint hop that won't be offensive to even those that dislike other pale ales. I believe it runs around ABV 9.5%, so it's often my "second beer", after a stronger tripel. Crisp, refreshing, and not too hoppy. Slight citrus sense. Its rare to open my fridge, and not find at least a few bottles of Tremens.

This morning’s haul, a few perennial favorites, and some new stuff:

View attachment 226620 View attachment 226621

I’m trying the dank wood now, which is an imperial of my least favored style (IPA), but I do like it.

Responding to my own post now( and why the edit, begreen?), but I just cracked the Rise Up RIS. Pretty damn good, can’t wait to try the barrel aged version!

Now, time to go mow the lawn... buzzed.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Last edited:
Enjoying an Ommegang Rosetta .About as cherry as you can get in a beer without it being a wine. And ill add a shot of amoretta to it as well.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Three philosophers tonight. These Belgian Quads are all good(so far).

Three philosophers tonight. These Belgian Quads are all good(so far).
Yes, I've not had a Quad I dislike. Abt.12 is probably my least favorite, and it's still good. Had a La Trappe quad, just a few days ago.

Iv been keeping my beer in the freezer lately,stays 26 degrees in the bar fridge. It dont freeze and there's no need for a frosted mug.

Iv been keeping my beer in the freezer lately,stays 26 degrees in the bar fridge. It dont freeze and there's no need for a frosted mug.
That's fine for lagers and pilsners, but fine ales deserve to be enjoyed at a warmer temperature. Try 50's for the Belgians, and even a bit warmer (60F) on the Imperial Stouts. Trust me, it is worth a try.

At 26F, there's no way you can even taste what you're paying all of that money for!

Last edited:
So far iv had a Troegs Double Bock and a Founders Porter at 27 deg. vs the usual 35 to 40 and i prefer both at the colder temp. So like Walter Cronkite used to say "thats the way it was". I will experiment with those warmer temps to see how much difference it makes but warm beer is usually not something that goes down easy for me.

Last edited:
Nothing says summer has arrived like Hardshells and beer. 1/2 bushel of No1. Maryland blues.
20180531_182612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: