What's your favorite BEER?

MTASH

Dec 24, 2018
Montana
I just tried what might be my new favorite...Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty. It's a low-calorie IPA (only 95 cal.) and the ABV is only 4%. I drink a lot of beer so those numbers are good for me on both accounts.

For a hot day cold brew, I go to Miller Lite or Coors Light.

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
We tried all the craft beers around here and believe me there are about
60 in a hundred-mile radius. I now find that most of them have priced
themselves out of the market. for a treat, I get Lug tread but now I buy
mainstream Selman's 2.0 tastes good and not expensive.
But you guys
stateside your beer is a whole lot cheaper(cost-wise) to buy than us from the great white North

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Tried a nice hazy pale ale tonight made locally by Fremont Brewing. Sky Kraken is light and refreshingly citrusy. It goes well on a warm summer day after working in the garden . At 5.5 abv it goes down easy and has a nice melon and blueberry finish.

Attachments

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Going to be quiet on my end this month, once a year I take a month long break from alcohol and do a whole body cleanse. Not been easy so far with this stupid year but almost halfway there! Come September its game on!
Good idea but i would have to do that in winter. I just have to have a cold beer after working in the hot sun all day in summer. In winter i can do with a hot chocolate ,but in Summer it HAS to be a Good Beer or 2.

Reactions: johneh

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Good idea but i would have to do that in winter. I just have to have a cold beer after working in the hot sun all day in summer. In winter i can do with a hot chocolate ,but in Summer it HAS to be a Good Beer or 2.
Yah, January is my clean month. It is pointless to try it before the holidays.

mrd1995

Feb 21, 2020
North East, Pa
Block House Pumpkin Ale, brewed near Pittsburgh, PA something the wife and I both agree on...

Same Brewery as Iron City Beer

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Looks like Yuengling is heading west next year.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
that rogue combat wombat sounds interesting. the only thing i've tried here is their dead guy. had that at a smoky bones restaurant. that was good stuff

Couv

Sep 12, 2020
Whidbey Island
that rogue combat wombat sounds interesting. the only thing i've tried here is their dead guy. had that at a smoky bones restaurant. that was good stuff
I love Dead Guy ale. I remember when it finally got as Far East as Texas I wore it out for months. With The Wombats you have to be careful. They are tasty and 6.7 percent.

mrd1995

Feb 21, 2020
North East, Pa
haven't even seen that around here. i love porters
I have found it at a local restaurant on the lake used to work there during college, to be honest haven't seen it else where. Has a red label.