Where have Super Cedars Been all My Life!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

E$85

Jun 15, 2017
Olympia
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I joined the forum mainly because I've recently discovered that I'm addicted to chopping/splitting firewood and we'll, this forum kind of feeds that addiction. Problem is I don't have a wood stove r any of that, we just camp a lot and I got tire of green/wet grocery store wood. Any how, I cam across super cedars and man, they just seem to light any old wood right up! I stumbled across them here and they seemed pretty popular so I gave them a shot and boy am I glad I did. Beats the hell out of fat wood!

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I joined the forum mainly because I've recently discovered that I'm addicted to chopping/splitting firewood and we'll, this forum kind of feeds that addiction. Problem is I don't have a wood stove r any of that, we just camp a lot and I got tire of green/wet grocery store wood. Any how, I cam across super cedars and man, they just seem to light any old wood right up! I stumbled across them here and they seemed pretty popular so I gave them a shot and boy am I glad I did. Beats the hell out of fat wood!
Welcome to the forum! Yes, firewood can easily become an addiction, but at least it's a good one. :)

You'll be happy to know that many others share your view of super cedars. For example, check out this thread from last fall: Best Firestarter? I actually haven't used them yet because I still have a good supply of wax starters and scrap cedar planks but, once I run low, I'll have to give them a try. That thread talks about some other interesting firestarter options, too, if you like to experiment.

P.S. You say you don't have a wood stove but be careful--if you start following this forum closely enough I bet you'll have one by the time winter sets in! ;)

Been heating the joint for 30 years with wood. My wife used to run the stove when I was traveling often on business. Going out finding kindling and busting it up and fire the stove up. I converted to Super Cedars a few years ago. The first time she saw me use one she gave me that look like "You SOB, I did that kindling crap all of those years!!!"

Been heating the joint for 30 years with wood. My wife used to run the stove when I was traveling often on business. Going out finding kindling and busting it up and fire the stove up. I converted to Super Cedars a few years ago. The first time she saw me use one she gave me that look like "You SOB, I did that kindling crap all of those years!!!"
Exactly why I haven't bought them yet...
;-);-)

Just reached out to Thomas as I need to stop by and pick up another box. This last 100 box I bought from him was back in 2013 and I've given a number of them away over the years for others to test. They really do go a long way once you break them up. I usually do 1/4s but my dad likes to use 1/8s in his stove.

https://www.supercedar.com

slide_firebackground.jpg

That reminds me . . . we still get a discount here at hearth.com.