Wood Cook-stove Arrives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I found a couple of old pan head screws in a drawer that were just a bit larger than the secondary holes and they dropped right in. There are eleven holes and I plugged two of them, so a 17% reduction in flow through the secondary air manifold. This seems to be all I needed and is easy to reverse for warmer weather. If the stove still wants to be rowdy when it gets closer to zero I can add another screw or two.

I’m got to come back and read this entire thread. Stoked for you!!! Wow!! Nice stove. I see!it’s one of the few cookstoves with the firebox on the right side. Man...5 pages already. Lots of interest. That’s good. Can hardly wait to read the entire thread and see if it can burn coal too. I know we had discussed that. I’ll try and read this tomorrow.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I’m got to come back and read this entire thread. Stoked for you!!! Wow!! Nice stove. I see!it’s one of the few cookstoves with the firebox on the right side. Man...5 pages already. Lots of interest. That’s good. Can hardly wait to read the entire thread and see if it can burn coal too. I know we had discussed that. I’ll try and read this tomorrow.
The manual discusses coal, but I am nervous to try it. Most of this thread involves my struggles of figuring out the best lighting procedure and installing the stove. It's been installed for a little over a year now. I did special order the firebox on the right so I could get the flue on the left and thereby missing the window mounted in the second floor just offset from the stove slightly. I really wanted the stainless version, but no right hand firebox was available, so black is fine. I'll have to touch up the stove body in a few places where I dripped some tomato sauce, and I really cracked the rear firebrick, but otherwise the stove has been fool proof. This winter I'm hoping to tame the draft a bit so I can bake at lower temperatures.