Wood shed build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheRambler

Feeling the Heat
Jul 29, 2014
CT
here is my recently built wood shed. Still need to put on the roof when the material comes in. Will probably redo some of th cross braces too... i just kinda randomly put up pieces with scraps i had laying around.

Made about 60% with reclaimed wood from a redecked deck with pt 2x6.

Dimensions about 20x8x8 sloping to 6 in the back.

IMG_2654.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG

What are those anchors that you used to attach the pieces that support the roof to the posts? I'm looking to build something similar but haven't seen anchors like that before.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I've used different styles for joist hangers, and hurricane ties for rafters, just hadn't seen the z shape style like you had, but I found it on the Lowe's site you linked.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/USP-4-in-x-4-in-Triple-Zinc-Deck-Post-Tie/3376824

I wasn't able to find that style on either home depots Canada site, or Simpson strong ties site, but Canada never seems to have as good of a selection.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Its one of the simpson hurricane ties for 2x4 or 2x6 , can get you the model in a bit

They are simpson H1Z that attach rafters to header, not sure of the model of the one attaching header to post. But it was also a simpson from home depot