Woodstock announced their biggest end of season sale yet!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Interesting, for us the soapstone look was a visual step up from cast iron. As the saying goes, "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!".
Exactly. It would be boring if all stoves looked the same.

Reactions: KennyK
Hope their next stove gets a new designer. Personally I am not a fan of the look of the new gear design stoves except in their plainest form. Inside, they rock but they would never make it to our living room. My wife is not indifferent to the look, she thinks they are ugly.

While taste varies from person to person, I can understand where you're coming from. Personally, I love the look of the traditional Norway/cast iron stove style, I think the soapstone look of the Progress and others is beautiful, AND I can also dig the new Woodstock steel stoves. I guess I've got a broad pallet! ==c I do think it's pretty righteous that Woodstock has allowed individual customers to custom tailor a number of features, such as color combos, and even design their own artwork (or pick from a lot of existing designs) to personalize their stove (and at a relatively reasonable price). I get where the Ideal Steel, Absolute and Survival aren't everyone's cup of tea in terms of appearance (though they are for others), but how cool is it to be able to add some of your own touches on a wood stove? Also, a bit off topic, but have you seen their whole Navajo stove change out project? Again, pretty righteous company. Check out this video:

I got the shipping notice for my Ideal Steel should be here next week. Will post pictures when it arrives and gerlts placed

I got the shipping notice for my Ideal Steel should be here next week. Will post pictures when it arrives and gerlts placed

Congrats @Gumbyagain! Can't wait to see your pics! You may have already saw mine, but if not, here's a link: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/ideal-steel-arrived-and-installed.168702/#post-2264673. Don't get too nervous when you see how big it is! I was the first few days, but it is now starting to look normal as I get used to it! As you'll see in my post, Glenn and Jack from Woodstock delivered and got it into my house, on my hearth and installed in two hours - they took off the side plates, door and a few other parts, and used a furniture dolly and two wood planks to get it up the stairs. Good luck!

Do you have a hearth setup already? I'm feeling pretty good about the hearth pad I bought on amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSAG5ZP/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Congrats @Gumbyagain! Can't wait to see your pics! You may have already saw mine, but if not, here's a link: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/ideal-steel-arrived-and-installed.168702/#post-2264673. Don't get too nervous when you see how big it is! I was the first few days, but it is now starting to look normal as I get used to it! As you'll see in my post, Glenn and Jack from Woodstock delivered and got it into my house, on my hearth and installed in two hours - they took off the side plates, door and a few other parts, and used a furniture dolly and two wood planks to get it up the stairs. Good luck!

Do you have a hearth setup already? I'm feeling pretty good about the hearth pad I bought on amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSAG5ZP/?tag=hearthamazon-20

While I was sailing the Alaska Inner passageway my wife decided it was cold enough to break in and burn the new stove. I was worried to death when she texted me and said it wouldn't burn. Naturally she had no idea of the top down burn method I explained to her in July.... needless to say she got it going and didn't spill too much smoke into the room. She said the paint smell did not last more than 30 mins. I have a few pictures to share from text messages, but the good news is she finally coaxed into secondary burn and was amazed at the heat it put out and how it was still hot coals this morning. All the misery I went through in talking her into this stove has proven worth it.
20181111_190651_Film1.jpg
image_Message_1541985443616.jpg
Message_1541985230556.jpg