WOW! 52 cords of Oak.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcates

Mar 1, 2010
Central NC
52 cords of Oak has the same BTU content as one pound of enriched Uranium. I could heat my house for over 20 years on one pound. but the stove to burn it in would take up more room than the 52 cords of oak.

52 cords of Oak has the same BTU content as one pound of enriched Uranium. I could heat my house for over 20 years on one pound. but the stove to burn it in would take up more room than the 52 cords of oak.
I'll stick with the red oak. I'm messed up in the head plenty enough as it is, that uranium laying in my backyard would have me totally LOOPY.....

Dealing with ash is bad enough...don't need to deal with nuclear waste! :eek:

I though that you were gonna tell us that Scotty the Overkiller has 52 cords of oak piled up now...

We had a nuke plant here some years ago on Sauvie Island in the Columbia River, but they decommissioned it and have torn it down. Oregon is now a nuclear free state. Not that we do not use nuclear energy that comes in on the power lines, we just do not produce any in this state any more, so we can be energy snobs.

Plus 52 cords of oak would only last me about 17 years.

Reactions: albert1029
Maybe if you mix the uranium with the oak it would season quicker:)

Reactions: milleo and loon
Be sure to use at least a 1" thick lead bucket with a tight fitting lid to dispose of your ash and by all means take it outside and place it is a safe spot away from the garage allowing it to cool for like 200 years before pouring it onto your garden.

Reactions: Redlegs
Hey...stop talking about Plutonium and Uranium...we're all going to end up on some government watch list...some of us on ANOTHER government watch list.

Uranium...it's to die for...

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
As a Senior Reactor Operator at the local nuke plant, I thought I would throw this little fun fact out there:

According to the Nuclear Energy Institute, "A single uranium fuel pellet the size of a fingertip contains as much energy as 17,000 cubic feet of natural gas, 1,780 pounds of coal or 149 gallons of oil." This pellet will only weigh approximately 7 grams.

Reactions: Redlegs
Sounds like that chili I made a few weeks back.

I'd surely love to have 52 cord of oak already put up.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Hey...stop talking about Plutonium and Uranium...we're all going to end up on some government watch list...some of us on ANOTHER government watch list.

All joking aside, the US gov't (NSA) is building a MASSIVE data storage unit in Utah to store data that it collects from online sources like this one. Just about anything you post or send on the internet is recorded for scanning, stored for later use for prosecution or for doing whatever they want with it. It is even becoming a problem for other US gov't agencies. Big Brother is watching us all:

http://rt.com/news/utah-data-center-spy-789/

And the Bush-Bama administrations have been sifting through anything stored in cloud server farms for some time now:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/gadgets...ur-data-stored-on-google-apple-servers-324770

Also who knows what foreign governments are eves dropping on this site, as well as web crawlers constantly searching the web for bits of information for any number of commercial reasons, including to spam you or make a buck off of selling information about you to someone else that wants to make a buck off of you. READ: we are all already on *everyone's* list. The data saturation is mind boggling.

Holy Uranium Batman that would keep the batmobile powered forever !

As a Senior Reactor Operator at the local nuke plant, I thought I would throw this little fun fact out there:

According to the Nuclear Energy Institute, "A single uranium fuel pellet the size of a fingertip contains as much energy as 17,000 cubic feet of natural gas, 1,780 pounds of coal or 149 gallons of oil." This pellet will only weigh approximately 7 grams.
Homer Simpson is on this forum??? I am impressed! ;)
Don't worry, I am actually a big fan and a proponent of nuclear energy, as I believe that nuclear energy is the only real alternative to peak oil (limit to global oil reserves) and the dumping a bazillion tons of carbon into the atmosphere. Though accidents like Three Mile Island, Chrenoble and Fukujima are rather perplexing and causing great backlash against nuclear energy in places like Japan, Germany and France.

Status
Not open for further replies.