WOW........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I second the cheap rootbeer and sometimes opt for the Dr. as well. I have even been known to mix with moxie. I have been marinading fresh pineapple in Mount Gay, Captain, Grey Goose, Chamborde, and Triple Sec all the week....they will become part of this weekends frozen daiquiris for the Mrs....I eat the pineapples directly from the broth.

Reactions: ScotO
I'm more of a Jack and Ginger guy, but rum and rootbeer is good stuff too.

...I eat the pineapples directly from the broth.

Broth...broth...logging this into the databank for new terminology when referring to booze.

Reactions: Delta-T and lukem
Went inside to eat lunch at work today, it was around 53 degrees outside. Came outside after lunch, it's up near 78 degrees!! Wacky stuff, to say the least!

Haven't seen a temperature swing like that in quite some time around here!

Here's to hoping it stays warmer. I want to be done burning for the season.....

You need to move to Iowa.....
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2407
The temp increased by 77° in 56 hours! They went from snow two weeks ago to 106°F yesterday. Dayum.

I remember back in 94 in Chicago we went from -30°F to >100°F in ~6 weeks IIRC. Spring? What's that?

You need to move to Iowa.....
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2407
The temp increased by 77° in 56 hours! They went from snow two weeks ago to 106°F yesterday. Dayum.

I remember back in 94 in Chicago we went from -30°F to >100°F in ~6 weeks IIRC. Spring? What's that?
YUCK! That's a little too extreme for anybody!

My ideal temps would be mid 70's during the day, low 50's during the night.....but we rarely ever get what we want, how about it!

Reactions: BrianK

I was doing a job in downtown Chicago in an office building in the eighties when the temp got to 103. Places were having to shut down and send people home all over because transformers were blowing like popcorn from the cooling load.

I was doing a job in downtown Chicago in an office building in the eighties when the temp got to 103. Places were having to shut down and send people home all over because transformers were blowing like popcorn from the cooling load.
That'll do it for sure......

Going to school in Chicago, I always went home for the summer. My first summer there, I flew back in June and 5 of the first 7 days were over 100. :eek:

And me without A/C in my ghetto apartment. It got better. A little.

Status
Not open for further replies.