Yardmax 4 way splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fossmin

Oct 7, 2021
USA
I have a Yardmax 35 ton splitter. Yardmax said they discontinued their 4 way splitter accessory. Anyone know of someone else that makes one that will work?

Thanks

Go to your nearest welding shop...

I have a Yardmax 35 ton splitter. Yardmax said they discontinued their 4 way splitter accessory. Anyone know of someone else that makes one that will work?

Thanks

Is your wedge a shuttle style. if so most should fit, just looks at the specs. See if it will fit. The 4 way wedge is worth it as long as you can easily switch it from 4 to a single. My 4 way goes back to a single in about 10 seconds. You should look at a new single that converts to a 4

Side note...

I had asked Yarmax about discontinuation when I purchased my Yardmax YS3065 30 ton

Support said:

"We are no longer manufacturing the 4-way wedge. This was a decision that came after a thorough evaluation on the value of including it vs. the cost of manufacturing it. Us and our retail partners have been in the process of updating their web sites and content. "

It looks like this slides over you knife blade .. you will loose some length that you can split.
There is one review that said it slid over his knife blade.. Ask if you can return it if it will not work on your machine..

The guy that made my 4 way wedge is no longer in business. It worked great and came right off easily, my only complaint about it was it dulled the single blade. You could take that picture to a welder and see how much it would be to fab something up like it.