You might be a firewood junkie...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
. . . when you your ears prick up at the sound of a wood chipper and you have a strong autonomic response to investigate.

When your spouse complains that he/she can't get out of the back door anymore.

OR when you pass a woods in your truck and your finger forms a backwards C if you are right handed or if you are left handed it will form a C and you try to give it gas.
No chance of that for me. I will be riding by and my right hand will already be curled into a C shape to hold the throttle on my bike.

Two days in the 70's in November and you (me) get up at 2 like a hunter/ fisher just to be ready
at first light to start rammin' the splitter full speed two straight days even tho 2 years ahead.
That will be me, the next three days! Every year, the entirety of Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend is set aside for wood splitting. Those who've been here a few years remember the "missing finger incident of 2012", on this very weekend.

You might be a firewood junkie if you are out to dinner with your wife and you get a funny look from the waitress as you talk about the nice pieces of ash you sawed the other day...

What is this 'stacking' I hear people talking about?
IMG_0424.JPG
This is how I moved some wood today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is a woodstack! ! !
:) :) :)

...when the state trooper says, "You can't take wood from the side of the highway." And your first instinct is to ask, 'Why not?"

when you reload your stove before you go to bed, but then stay up for 3 hours to watch the fire.

or when you ask your 4 year old what his favorite part of the day was and he says "working on wood with papa"

You might be a firewood junkie if your co-workers ask you what you are doing after Thanksgiving and you reply, "Mauling," to which they reply, " I thought you hated shopping on Black Friday..."

When you're known around town and even out of town as "that guy with all the wood in his driveway and backyard"
photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
when you get up on your roof to measure something and end up taking a panorama of the entire yard so you can figure out where to put wood :)

i was thinking more like this:
20161204_135244.jpg

When you put on a white lab coat, log onto hearth.com to explain the difference between rain wet wood and green wet wood.

Reactions: Jags and Ashful
If you take your kid to his first t-ball practice and can't help but wonder how many cords you could fit in the dugout...View attachment 101316
:p

Gf dropped flowers on a grave tonight, as we drove out there was hickory, hickory, cherry, a large ash some small maple...................................

bob

Reactions: Oldman47 and Ashful