2017-18 Blaze King Performance Thread PART 3 (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where my ultra's door is loosest too. There is no adjustment other than tightening the latch which you need to do. If that doesn't work then pop in a new gasket.

How do I do this? Tighten the handle side? Looks like there's two small screws sort of hidden under the gasket. Or do I adjust the other end maybe a full turn?

How do I do this? Tighten the handle side? Looks like there's two small screws sort of hidden under the gasket. Or do I adjust the other end maybe a full turn?
The catch on front of stove. Use a 9/16 wrench.

Reactions: allan5oh
Procedure and specific brand name of lube to be used please. I intend to do mine this year as the shaft is binding making it hard to hear the damper clacking shut. Oil -even the oil in anti seize- can eventually oxidize, acidify, carbonize, polymerize and cause worse binding with time. Can it be applied externally or must the box be opened? What works. I used to use powdered graphite on linotypes but it has problems too.

I could have done it for you!

Now, that would have been serious customer service! VPs aren’t supposed to get anti-seize under their manicured fingernails, tho. [emoji12]

Procedure and specific brand name of lube to be used please. I intend to do mine this year as the shaft is binding making it hard to hear the damper clacking shut. Oil -even the oil in anti seize- can eventually oxidize, acidify, carbonize, polymerize and cause worse binding with time. Can it be applied externally or must the box be opened? What works. I used to use powdered graphite on linotypes but it has problems too.

You’re thinking way too hard about this. Grab whatever tube of anti-seize or moly lube you have in the garage, and butter a little on the disc washer. Plan to revisit it every third year, or thereabouts.

Now, that would have been serious customer service! VPs aren’t supposed to get anti-seize under their manicured fingernails, tho. [emoji12]
I have a 32 ounce can of anti seize...lest you forget...multi Chevy muscle car restorations!

Reactions: Ashful
the new ashford 30 was ordered today in pewter. So I guess I have to change my signature. Any one need a Jotul Oslo in brown enamel?

the new ashford 30 was ordered today in pewter. So I guess I have to change my signature. Any one need a Jotul Oslo in brown enamel?
Sell it in Sept/Oct for best price.

Then use a dry type lubricant. such as this:

http://www.loctite.com.au/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?nodeid=8802635644929

I set the Cold Iron Watch in March so now it is time for maintenance. Sweepers... I think I'll grease the thermostat and flip-flop valve. Gaskets are good, not much else to do. Already did the annual window cleaning- wet paper towel dipped in ashes trick. 80s next week. Summer is here. Wood shed is stuffed, time to scrounge up wood for 2020. Next light-off in November. Nothing heats like solid fuel. Time to get the Lance trailer ready for summer adventures.

So, until light-off, TNX QSO
73s/88 es CUL
DE KF6HAP SK SK CL ..

(Those FCC licensed will understand)

Last edited:
Reactions: lsucet
I set the Cold Iron Watch in March so now it is time for maintenance. Sweepers... I think I'll grease the thermostat and flip-flop valve. Gaskets are good, not much else to do. Already did the annual window cleaning- wet paper towel dipped in ashes trick. 80s next week. Summer is here. Wood shed is stuffed, time to scrounge up wood for 2020. Next light-off in November. Nothing heats like solid fuel. Time to get the Lance trailer ready for summer adventures.

So, until light-off, TNX QSO
73s/88 es CUL
DE KF6HAP SK SK..

(Those FCC licensed will understand)
...or an ex Naval Radio Operator.

Brand new ashford 30 just showed up at the dealer, Sold Jethro Tull (Jotul) thank God

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Well its in, ass busting job, but set in place
20180601_132548.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! Keep up the good work.

wheres the beef, i mean fire
20180602_203034.jpg 20180602_203045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.