2018-19 Blaze King Performance Thread Part 1 (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for those (ashful)who have noticed which wood works best for least amount of ash plugging my cat? High wind I don’t notice ash floating up into the cat but I noticed calm winds inside firebox I see ash floaters slowly raising toward the cat. This has me cleaning the face of the cat every time I start a fire I’m burning Elm @16 percent never had complete plugging yet but with full winter coming I’m concerned!

New Blaze King Ultra in the cabin. I was lucky to find one dealer within 200 miles of me that had a stove in stock. Got up early yesterday and went and picked it up, got it off the truck with the tractor and now had no idea how to get it in the cabin so I put it in the shed to think about it. The wife happend to text a picture to the daughter and she said she had two big friends that would help. She shows up with two huge young men, they roll it in the house and pick the 450 pound stove up and set it in the hearth, no big deal. Boy was I thankful. I had to order a piece of stove pipe should be here Friday, can’t wait to fire this thing up. I guess I’m lucky the wife actually loves the look of it. I told her most people think they are ugly, she still loves it. She’ll love it even more if it burns all night.

ACC6F51D-A155-4D37-93B4-E66116E9D6DD.jpeg

New Blaze King Ultra in the cabin. I was lucky to find one dealer within 200 miles of me that had a stove in stock. Got up early yesterday and went and picked it up, got it off the truck with the tractor and now had no idea how to get it in the cabin so I put it in the shed to think about it. The wife happend to text a picture to the daughter and she said she had two big friends that would help. She shows up with two huge young men, they roll it in the house and pick the 450 pound stove up and set it in the hearth, no big deal. Boy was I thankful. I had to order a piece of stove pipe should be here Friday, can’t wait to fire this thing up. I guess I’m lucky the wife actually loves the look of it. I told her most people think they are ugly, she still loves it. She’ll love it even more if it burns all night.

View attachment 233689
Congrats. When I was shopping for stoves I do want to get the King but the guy at the store talked me out of it when I told him the layout of the house. He told me no no. Lol. Plus I already had 6" stack. I did fall in love with it. But is one of those time that you have to listen.
I did went with the princess and I am happy.

I did set out to buy the princess but already had 8 inch chimney, dealer said I’d be better to go with king then use a 6 inch adaptor. The kings prolly over kill now but we intend to add on to the cabin.

Reactions: lsucet

View attachment 233689

Nice! The ultra is much better looking than the other princess models in my opinion. Really, it’s sort of a style, some people actually like it. I really like the performance which makes it look better.

Reactions: lsucet
She’ll love it even more if it burns all night.

Yes, it will. Without effort. First burns might be a little smokey as the finish cures but will soon pass.

Ok so i got a new steel cat this season and i have stated it seems that a lot more heat is going up the chimney and less heat coming out the cat itself. I took outmboth my flu and cat meters out and let them sit in room temp for about 3 hrs to kinda like reset themselves then pu them back in. IM GETTING JUST AS HIGH STACK TEMPS THEN I AM CAT TEMPS.. You think the companies are putting less of that magic metal crap in the cats now? And the cat is actual going inactive while the flu probe meter reads 400ish.

What the hell is going on, im going to take some videos to show you guys.

Hi all, I have been burning my Ashford 30 for about a month and a half or so. Mostly continues burn, ( stove is an absolute pleasure to operate on multiple levels) but that will be a future thread. I've recently noticed that as I close the bypass door, half way through the swing, there is a banging sound in the stove as if the door is dropping shut. The rest of the throw of the arm feels normal. Should I be concerned and do I need to make any adjustments. Thank You....

Hi all, I have been burning my Ashford 30 for about a month and a half or so. Mostly continues burn, ( stove is an absolute pleasure to operate on multiple levels) but that will be a future thread. I've recently noticed that as I close the bypass door, half way through the swing, there is a banging sound in the stove as if the door is dropping shut. The rest of the throw of the arm feels normal. Should I be concerned and do I need to make any adjustments. Thank You....

Sounds ok to me. I can hear when my plate falls shut too, and then I just finish rotating and caming the bypass shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine at cullen's home center in Fergas Falls, MN

My princess was the first Blaze King Cullen's ever sold...or at least that seems to fit the timeline. My wife and I were designing our house in the winter of 2012/13 and I was doing research on wood stoves. The more I read up on BK, it just seemed to be the right stove for us provided the "alien technology" was for real (it has exceeded my expectations). Problem was, there were only two dealers in MN at the time: one in the Cities and another in the NW corner of the state. It was weeks or perhaps a month or two later that we firmed our decision to purchase a BK and resigned to making the long drive to one of the dealers. For kicks, I happened to look at the dealer locator one more time and low and behold, Cullen's Alexandria was listed. Hot dog! I was living in Alex at the time. Turns out they hired a new stove salesman and he convinced them to carry the BK brand. I had them quote me a Princess Ultra and get it on order for me - this was before they had any stoves on display in their showroom. Turns out the price was cheaper and that included delivery into our basement - I didn't have to make the long drive OR do any hard manual labor moving the thing! All I can say is the Princess was one of the two best decision we made on the house (the other being to go with an "extreme" heat pump to complete our HVAC package). My prior experience was with a Schrader smoke dragon growing up which was installed new in 1977. I guess you could say I was born a wood burner, but I had no idea it could be so easy! I understand BK's aren't cheap, but the control, ease of use, and real world performance far outweigh the up front cost in my mind.

My princess was the first Blaze King Cullen's ever sold...or at least that seems to fit the timeline. My wife and I were designing our house in the winter of 2012/13 and I was doing research on wood stoves. The more I read up on BK, it just seemed to be the right stove for us provided the "alien technology" was for real (it has exceeded my expectations). Problem was, there were only two dealers in MN at the time: one in the Cities and another in the NW corner of the state. It was weeks or perhaps a month or two later that we firmed our decision to purchase a BK and resigned to making the long drive to one of the dealers. For kicks, I happened to look at the dealer locator one more time and low and behold, Cullen's Alexandria was listed. Hot dog! I was living in Alex at the time. Turns out they hired a new stove salesman and he convinced them to carry the BK brand. I had them quote me a Princess Ultra and get it on order for me - this was before they had any stoves on display in their showroom. Turns out the price was cheaper and that included delivery into our basement - I didn't have to make the long drive OR do any hard manual labor moving the thing! All I can say is the Princess was one of the two best decision we made on the house (the other being to go with an "extreme" heat pump to complete our HVAC package). My prior experience was with a Schrader smoke dragon growing up which was installed new in 1977. I guess you could say I was born a wood burner, but I had no idea it could be so easy! I understand BK's aren't cheap, but the control, ease of use, and real world performance far outweigh the up front cost in my mind.
I called every blaze king dealer in 4 states, even calked blaze king for more places, seems the dealer locator only shows ones that might have blaze king on display. Cullen's was the only place that wanted to deal. It was only 100 miles or so away.

I called every blaze king dealer in 4 states, even calked blaze king for more places, seems the dealer locator only shows ones that might have blaze king on display. Cullen's was the only place that wanted to deal. It was only 100 miles or so away.

Same here... I called every blaze king dealer near Tennessee. 0 in stock and or even a display model.
Finally BKVP gave me a name dealer to call in Tennessee and she ordered me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems the dealer locator only shows ones that might have blaze king on display.

I’d be very surprised if it’s that sophisticated. They’re probably just failing to keep it up to date with the latest dealers to join the network.

So cat temp=flue temp?

Pretty much... With my old ceramic cat the flu was always cooler then the cat temp. Now with my steel cat its almost even.. Like I saod before I took both probes out for a couple of hrs to let them recalibrate (only 1 season on them) So unless my cat probe is dead something weird is going on.

Can you reverse them?

Or put them both in boiling water.

Bypass not fully closing?

Can you reverse them?

Or put them both in boiling water.

Bypass not fully closing?

Can't reverse them and bypass makes a nice clunk noise when closed.

Here is a video I made real quick just ggot home from work. Cat is inactive lots of wood inside :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.