A review on the PE TN20.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parthy

Nov 23, 2013
Gimli, MB
I had it installed Nov 5th this year. Almost 1 month ago. Was a learning curve because i was used to a Franklin with a 10 inch chimney lol. First 2 weeks was hard. I have good wood, but the top stuff was dug out of my old (very old) wood bin by my son. So essentially it was punky ash. I did have well seasoned pine, but it is cold here and it was split too small for the most part. It works, but uses a lot. i finally got to the good stuff and that is helping. I have to caveat here. My house is in renovations and has no vapour barrier in Canada, northern Canada. That will be remedied in January. So i am heating the outside a bit. But, I figure i can maintain a 22 degree Celcius temp if I had better wood (hardwood). I did have a catastrophie when I was in a car accident and was bending over the stove to fill it for night timme and My hip, that i injured in the accident,,,, bent me over and i fell on the stove with my left hand. 3rd degree burns. I just forgot to tell my son about it, and it is fine now. I need to get fire proof gloves when i am ever near it. I have balance issues.

Aside from that stuff. i have a just under 1000 sq ft house and it is doing fine. As i said, it would more than likely overheat me if my place was finished. I tried the temp guage on the flue and it didnt work at all. i use it at on the stove top and I can cruise with good secondaries at 650 routinely. If i don[t use the blower, I have gotten over 750 once or twice. but it quickly goes back down once I put the blower on. No glowing anything. Other than i look like a scary deformed hand person from all the burns, i am extremely happy with this stove. I am warm, and I get coals enough to restart the fire after 6 -7 hours with mostly pine and kind of small split at that. I have probably restarted from scratch maybe 4 times since Nov 5. that is my initial review of this stove and am very happy with it.

Good review! A cheap pair of welders gloves will keep your hands safe. They're around 5-10 dollars here.

Here’s the link if you want to copy it into the review section.

Thanks for the review. It's a nice, affordable stove that can heat well. If you have a moment, it really helps people in the future to also add short version in the rating section here:

Status
Not open for further replies.