BK Ashford 30 pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alforit

Feeling the Heat
Jan 30, 2013
Northern Idaho
Just found this while cruisin online.....................Nice !

http://statigr.am/p/411589986166765995_325676277#/detail/411589986166765995_325676277
ashford 30.jpg

That's a beauty. Nice looking indeed. Well done BK.

Good picture, thanks 'alforit'.
Stove looks good, would look better with an additional 1.5cf capacity. But that's just me...

Reactions: jeff_t
This person should have been considerate and not broke the rules at the HPBA show. All are asked not to take pics without permission, for this reason. As BK VP said, this is not the finished product, and they don't want to mislead anybody. I have lots of pictures of this baby, but in consideration for BK, I didn't post them.

I noticed that too. Can't tell from the pics whether it has a convective top or a direct contact spot for cooking.

I noticed that too. Can't tell from the pics whether it has a convective top or a direct contact spot for cooking.
You know, I don't remember. It's a cast iron jacketed stove, so I bet it won't get too hot on top.

I hope BK isnt ashamed of this stove.......in saying that they dont want to mislead anyone.............that stove is something to be proud of ..........its a work of art and i think a possible game changer for Blaze King.

I think its much better looking than the cape cod..........very clean lines..........Beautiful !

I echo Begreen's words "well done Blaze King"

hink its much better looking than the cape cod
I have to disagree! I not only have a Cod, but I have seen this in person! Have you?
It's nice don't get me wrong, but it's not got the same detail as the Cod.

It's also going to have side warming shelves and it's available in Majolica Brown

I hope BK isnt ashamed of this stove.......in saying that they dont want to mislead anyone....
Why would they be ashamed of it? They are just making sure that this is what you will actually be able to buy when the time comes. There is a lot of testing that has to take place before production, not to mention the money that is involved in warranty!

Well if this new look gets more dealers out in the country, great. But I would still rather have a King, I like the looks of it better.

This person should have been considerate and not broke the rules at the HPBA show. All are asked not to take pics without permission, for this reason. As BK VP said, this is not the finished product, and they don't want to mislead anybody. I have lots of pictures of this baby, but in consideration for BK, I didn't post them.

Thank you Webby. We are indeed making some slight changes. All the changes were cosmetic and were made after comments we received at the Hearth Expo. In fact, the changes were so slight, go ahead and show any pictures you would like. Your consideration in the past is appreciated. We added to the dimensions of some parts to make them more to scale, but again they were slight changes.

We are very excited about this new stove. It is based upon the Sirocco and Chinook 30 firebox. The Sirocco 30 production is now up and running. Stoves should be shipping by end of May, if not sooner.

Once we get the samples back for the changes we have made to the Ashford, we will order parts and go into production late this summer.

Thank you all for your comments. Our group has worked very hard on our FIRST cast iron body stove and we want to get it right!!

Thank you Webby. We are indeed making some slight changes. All the changes were cosmetic and were made after comments we received at the Hearth Expo. In fact, the changes were so slight, go ahead and show any pictures you would like. Your consideration in the past is appreciated. We added to the dimensions of some parts to make them more to scale, but again they were slight changes.

We are very excited about this new stove. It is based upon the Sirocco and Chinook 30 firebox. The Sirocco 30 production is now up and running. Stoves should be shipping by end of May, if not sooner.

Once we get the samples back for the changes we have made to the Ashford, we will order parts and go into production late this summer.

Thank you all for your comments. Our group has worked very hard on our FIRST cast iron body stove and we want to get it right!!

Darn!.... Would have loved to have been part of that feedback to help shape the look of your new stove..................Wish we could have seen the pic much earlier and helped out ..............You would have gotten alot of expert opinions and feedback from people on this forum who really love stoves.............. Oh well, I still think it looks great just how it is :)...... Again, NIce job ! Excited to see it when its ready

.You would have gotten alot of expert opinions and feedback from people who really love stoves..
That's Kinda why they show them at the HPBA show. I don't think you could find more stove geeks in one place.

OK, so here is a pdf that may shed light on both specifications and better images showing detail. Keep it a secret, don't tell anyone!

On a serious note, I am only posting this so you can get line art for specifcations and also images.

Thank you,
Chris

Attachments

• Ashford 30.pdf
    511.8 KB · Views: 2,406
That's Kinda why they show them at the HPBA show. I don't think you could find more stove geeks in one place.

Who you calling a geek?!! You are correct however, there are over 1,000 geeks and each has an opinion and we heard them all!

Chris

I was speaking specifically about the stove geeks on this website and forum.:) ;) ........There are well over a thousand of us and probably very few that were at the HPBA show and able to see the new stove. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.