Blaze King Ashford is up and running!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I opted for Ashford and am impatiently waiting for the enamel plated stove to come out. I am told that they are "optimistic" that the next batch of enamel stoves will be out around Christmas time. I'm hoping! Actually, I'm hoping they'll be out sooner

I'm right there with ya bro........... Impatiently waiting.....I ordered the Ashford also in brown enamel a couple months ago.
Hoping this next batch comes out good . I know Blaze King is working hard to make this right.

You made the right choice on stoves by picking the Ashford......I have had a Blaze king and a PH , You are right about the long time it takes to heat up a PH......For you it would cook you out of your house and you wouldn't get the long burn time .

You are perceptive about seeing through someone who has been drinking the kool-aid too much and is rather drunk ....lol

Don't forget the flameshow. I sometimes really miss watching the fire.

Speaking of that, something I noticed about the Cape Cod the other day nobody seems to talk about (surprisingly), is the fact the glass goes almost all the way to the bottom of the stove. This gives you great visibilty of the ENTIRE burn, not just the top of the logs and upper flames as with most stoves. You can see the entire bottom of the red hot logs glowing..... with the flames up above. I think it's a great stove if your looking for the "show".

At the decathlon the Cape Cod was a visual favorite and crowd pleaser. They had a nice blaze going most of the time.

Speaking of that, something I noticed about the Cape Cod the other day nobody seems to talk about (surprisingly), is the fact the glass goes almost all the way to the bottom of the stove. This gives you great visibilty of the ENTIRE burn, not just the top of the logs and upper flames as with most stoves. You can see the entire bottom of the red hot logs glowing..... with the flames up above. I think it's a great stove if your looking for the "show".
Maybe true, but I think this might be a major problem for anyone who intends to heat with that stove. I have enough trouble with hot coals spilling out of my Jotul when I open it once per day, and that has a good 3" of space below the door. There have been past comments about the lack of firebox depth (vertically, below door sill) in the Cape Cod.

Webby, the head to head challenge for the Ashford vs the Cape Cod is what I will be anxiously awaiting. The only drawback I can see with the Ashford for me would be the long burn times and me resisting the urge to fiddle with it since it seems to be a "set and forget" type of stove. Especially since being in Tennessee we don't get consistent, steady cold weather like you guys further north!
Unfortunately this isn't gonna happen
Kinda like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 312
Maybe true, but I think this might be a major problem for anyone who intends to heat with that stove. I have enough trouble with hot coals spilling out of my Jotul when I open it once per day, and that has a good 3" of space below the door. There have been past comments about the lack of firebox depth (vertically, below door sill) in the Cape Cod.

Yea, hadn't thought of that "small detail". I'm used to having the side door to open, not the front glass door. ;) Maybe they should make a side load version of the cod instead?

Personally I think it should be a law that all stoves that are primarily e/w loaders should have a side door==c
Although I like side loaders, I've never once wished that my Cape Cod had a side door. I think it depends on the width of the firebox and the size of the door. It's easy with a 22" wide door!::-)

Webby, have you decided on another stove yet. Winters not that far away;)

I have plans for a Blaze King, hopefully next winter (I know, I know, my 2100 has less than 6 months use.... lol) I have to see what kind of deal I can get on them before I decide. The 2100 is working but I think it would be LESS work with the longer burn times a Blaze King provides.

Before I ended up going with an insert I searched for a medium sized stove with a side door. The selection was a lot smaller than you might think.

You wont be happy just to have another stove in place of the cod, its gotta be something real sweet ......like a firelight!!!

I believe there might be a jotul coming home with you in the near future.==c
Do you think an Equinox would heat my 800 square foot area?
You wont be happy just to have another stove in place of the cod, its gotta be something real sweet ......like a firelight!!!
A Brown Firelight would be sweet! Or a brown Ashford! Maybe I'll just hold out for the New BK Hartford?

Do you think an Equinox would heat my 800 square foot area?

A Brown Firelight would be sweet! Or a brown Ashford! Maybe I'll just hold out for the New BK Hartford?

BK Hartford ?? ......whats that ?

nooo way that will heat 800 square feet its to small of a firebox...ha ha ha whats it hold like 80 to 100 pounds of wood!
I just don't want to undersize my new stove, ya know? I have a limited amount of heat sources around here!

yeah all the stoves you have lined up in your garage ...well you can hook up that intrepid 2 we just got it says it will heat 1000 S.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.