chimney choices for woodchuck 4000. which chimney to buy or not to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WIZARDNTS

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2010
NORTHEAST OHIO
general stats-- woodchuch 4000. 24ft chimney outside of house. leaves basement wall and goes up, straight shot. i have a local amish man that makes chimneys(made my last one for old stove-quality with a price that cant be beat). heres my options:

1. 8" single wall complete from wall to cap-150 bucks
2. 8" double wall(8 inner 2" insu. 10" outer.. closed ends complete wall to cap 375
3. 8" single inside and 11" aluminum box outside- all space in between filled with insulation. complete wall to cap 410
4.8" single inside 10" single inside 11" aluminum box. no insulation, closed ends, complete wall to cap for 450

which will work better as far as insulating value, longevity, good stack temps, least condensation. etc etc. at these prices the cost isnt a concern, i just want the best performance

Status
Not open for further replies.