christmas came early , this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eernest4

Oct 22, 2007
ct
netzero.com
Sat morning & I'm sleeping late, about 10:30 I hear beep,beep, beep, beep, beep, beep & I think , what ever could this be. So I put on my clothes & go outside & there are 4 trucks full of oak pallets in my drive way. I go up and say, are these for me & drivers says yes, the other people they were susposed to go to weren't home to accept free delevery & the crew was getting paid to dispose of the pallets, by the hour.

So,I say, let me get my car out so it wont be trapped and dump away.

240 pallets. I guess I can retire my log splitter & chain saws, for the next 2 years & get out the 30 lb sledge hammer.

And this, just when fuel oil is hitting 3.00 /gal. Time for my dance.

Man that has to be a sight in your driveway, all those pallets assuming dropped at same time, can u post a pic ?

Congratulations! Sounds like you have been blessed with this one. I pity anyone heating with fuel oil this year - they are really going to take a hit if we have a 'normal' winter. I haven't burned any oak here, but I hear it puts out lots of heat. You are a lucky man!

It is a sight , alright. 4 piles of pallets 12, ft high & dragged out for another 20 ft each, as they slid off the dump trucks. My mother is jumping up & down in rage over the mess and I grabbed her hands & jumped up & down with her, in joy 4 the wood. :lol:

I tell her she will enjoy the heat & I get the mess cleaned up & under cover from the rain, by the end of the week. I got my work cut out 4 me, big time.

WOW! pallets are worth $$$$ here. I'd cash them in for 3.00 to 4.00 each. to bad you could not sell them and buy cord wood. Just a thought. Fespo

Nice haul, and delivered, that's sweet. Here they take a deposit on pallets.

But a 30 lb sledge hammer? I gotta see this one. Me, I would probably use circular and chop saws. Get a big strong magnet to pull the nails out of the ash.

BeGreen said:
But a 30 lb sledge hammer? I gotta see this one. Me, I would probably use circular and chop saws. Get a big strong magnet to pull the nails out of the ash.

If I could swing a 30 pound sledge I wouldn't bother with it. I would just rip the pallets apart with my bare hands and teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.