Comparing stoves for a new install.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Once you get it comfortable with it, load it up full and let it do its thing. I’ve found in my house , once the bones of the house warms up, fans aren’t really necessary and it’s surprising how steady it can hold a temperature. There’s a blaze king thread? I guess that’s what you call it, on here blaze king 2021 I think where I’ve learned a huge amount on how to run it etc.

Thanks for the help! That’s just want I wanted to hear.
my dog Goose has found his new favorite spot.
800B7E34-E461-494F-A536-830AEC3387C7.jpeg

As long as Goose is happy.... ;lol

If you follow the directions in the manual you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for the help! That’s just want I wanted to hear.
my dog Goose has found his new favorite spot.
View attachment 275457
Your very welcome, I think the flame excitement is fun but the really exciting part is when you figure out what time to set the swoosh for a perfect 70-72 black screen setting. In my novice opinion, I think it takes a while for the catalytic to settle and then the stove really starts to do it thing. The veterans are probably yawning when you post your excitement but it’s a Eureka! Moment. Of course my princess goes into freak mode once in a while but for the most part, I plug wood in and setting and surprised if something different happens. Thats one happy dog

Oh, one more thing. There is also an unspoken competition for mastering catalytic lifespan. So be very thoughtful of reloading practices/wood types/ moisture, cleaning ,etc. because if you happen to go beyond expected lifespan you may be grilled with questions.Premature catalytic replacement is frowned upon lol

Reactions: BKVP