Deal of the day.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do you really think that most people heating with a non cat only heat 8 hours a day? There are many many of us heaing 24/7 with a non cat.

No, I think it's less. Most wood stoves and fireplaces sit cold all the time while lazy people use their furnaces. Don't fool yourself, the folks on this forum and even the ones calling a chimney sweep are the enthusiasts that use their stoves significantly more than average.

No, I think it's less. Most wood stoves and fireplaces sit cold all the time while lazy people use their furnaces. Don't fool yourself, the folks on this forum and even the ones calling a chimney sweep are the enthusiasts that use their stoves significantly more than average.
yes most do sit cold but did you notice i said heating with? That would take those people out of the equation

yes most do sit cold but did you notice i said heating with? That would take those people out of the equation

Of course I did.

Last edited:
Lots of folks in our area are burning 24/7 including a few of my neighbors. One behind me burns a Lopi Liberty and to our side a PE Spectrum. To my knowledge, they are not on hearth.com.

Lots of folks in our area are burning 24/7 including a few of my neighbors. One behind me burns a Lopi Liberty and to our side a PE Spectrum. To my knowledge, they are not on hearth.com.

True here, as well, in our rural area. Quite a few pre-EPA stoves running too.