Does anyone here have a Firechief furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife actually reminded me that we have had it since 08. The price was actually about 1289. 989 for the stove and 300 to ship. The price of stoves and furnaces have sky rocketed! I have no use for the forced draft I only use the manual. The forced draft is nice to get the fire to ignite and burn hotter to take the chill off quicker, but like i said i rarely use it! I could care less about viewing the fire it is in the basement. I have a fireplace for that. The shaker grates are pretty heavy duty and function very well The three speed blower is sweet! I have had no issues with it so far!

Ozark Woodburner said:
A wood stove is out of the question, it just won't work as well in my home. Yes I've looked at the englander, but again they are out of my price range.

Woohoo! Long time lurker, first time poster. I just picked up a Englander (well, Timber Ridge... same thing) for my place. The big box store price was a little out of my budget as well, but after a lot of looking around I found a good online deal. I paid 1,115, shipped for that price (to a local freight hub), and it was here in less than a week. In fact, just last night my 12 year old and I moved out the old Lopi that we had as a 'placeholder' and put the new furnace in it's place. I'll be hooking up the ductwork this weekend.

If you're still considering the Englander, but want a better price check out overstockstoves dot com (the 50-TRW35 model) I'd post a link, but I don't want to look like a spammer on my first post. lol

If you are close to a Farm and FLeet they have the Englander too. I think the sale is off now, they used to be $999. They'll probably go on sale one more time before Winter hits. Otherwise, you may be able to get it at that price if you ask the store manager. It's got the window in the door always a plus for seeing what's going on and making adjustments.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to look at where you were from. Not much help. . .Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.