First fire in new Lopi Evergreen!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Espartaco

Dec 1, 2015
PDX
Just did the curing fire, spent about an hour getting to and maintaining 400 degrees, reloaded and bumped to 600 degrees. Windows open for fumes, house is toasty warm. Would like one more cold spell for the Pacific Northwest!

Thanks to ask the members that answers my questions. You all are a wealth of knowledge that's great to have. This long fireplace journey started back in November and finally completed. Better late than never.

Attachments

• 1458783894769-1825099615.jpg
    1458783894769-1825099615.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,534
  • 14587840048451488595550.jpg
    14587840048451488595550.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,562
Nice! That stove burns very nice! It doesn't have much of a low end burn, so we shut ours down just a few minutes after a reload. With properly seasoned wood the glass stays very clean. Might also try putting your thermometer on the top off to one side a little. It'll give you a more accurate reading.

Reactions: Espartaco
Nice looking fire. Is that a convection top or is it in direct contact with the firebox?

Did you get the fan for it? They've got a very nicely designed fan, even if it's a "borrowed" design.

Sorry about the title ore <> Haven't put enough wood in to get it over 600 with wide open air. Going to stuff it full tonight and see what it can do. The top is a convection plate but hot enough to cook on. Fan is nice and quiet, little bit of white noise. With a 5 year old and 13 month old twins, I won't be noticing the fan too much.
Per the advice of this wonderful community I started getting wood ready last November. The tree has been down and in rounds for a year so is nice and dry. I havent used the green start feature yet, wanted to start the first fire nice and small. I plan to test the green start tomorrow

Fixed the title. Enjoy that good looking heater and install.

Sorry about the title ore <> Haven't put enough wood in to get it over 600 with wide open air. Going to stuff it full tonight and see what it can do. The top is a convection plate but hot enough to cook on. Fan is nice and quiet, little bit of white noise. With a 5 year old and 13 month old twins, I won't be noticing the fan too much.
Per the advice of this wonderful community I started getting wood ready last November. The tree has been down and in rounds for a year so is nice and dry. I havent used the green start feature yet, wanted to start the first fire nice and small. I plan to test the green start tomorrow
If you think the fan is a bit loud, then the noise from that greenstart might put you over the edge!

Very nice. I live here too. Still burn a fire every day, but stuffing a lot less wood in than a couple months ago.

Nice looking stove and install. Lopi makes great stoves...

If you think the fan is a bit loud, then the noise from that greenstart might put you over the edge!
I don't find the fan loud, have just seen people mention it and mod the fan control to on/off instead of just on. With my kids running around that 15 minute green start may actually get me some noise that isn't crying ;lol;lol

I do need to work on my sizes of wood I split, lots of too long or too short pieces right now, makes for a precariously stacked firebox

I do need to work on my sizes of wood I split, lots of too long or too short pieces right now, makes for a precariously stacked firebox
You'll have that.. That's always a struggle when you get a new stove.

Have you tried the greenstart yet? Or seen one working in person?

Just started her up with the green start, loud but not bad, it is a nice convenience feature. When we get to winter next year it will be nice on days with busy mornings and workdays when we don't have time to baby sit it

Just started her up with the green start, loud but not bad, it is a nice convenience feature. When we get to winter next year it will be nice on days with busy mornings and workdays when we don't have time to baby sit it
It's neat, but too loud for me. I just don't think I'd use it, a few fire starters do the trick so nicely.

Reactions: RandyBoBandy
Been burning everyday almost all day since the stove was installed. Have blasted the family with heat one day, tuning it in a little more the next. Think I found the sweet spot. Stove top is running just north of 350 and have had some good secondaries going, with about the glare, those are the front windows. House is nice and warm, but not hot, bring on next winter!

Attachments

• 1458943173136-2127362700.jpg
    1458943173136-2127362700.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 751
  • 14589432133411488595550.jpg
    14589432133411488595550.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 782
With the convection top that temp may be just about right.

350 is a good low burn temp for this stove. Next winter you'll be able to let er rip!

Last edited:
What is the differential between the actual stove top and the convection top temp?

I notice with fan on, I have to load 5 maybe 6. Without the fan, 3-4 is more than enough. I’m guaging based on my thermometer readings.

Is it possible that the fan is somewhat cooling the thermometer ? Or does the fan actually cool off the stove that much.

The fan blows air between the firebox and the stovetop. The fan will greatly reduce stovetop temps, while increasing room temperature.

Wondering what the original poster has found using the stove in the winter months so far in this deep cold

My Evergreen stove cracked after two seasons, both lower corners. The stove also had a leak right from the factory, door mounting plate gasket was installed wrong. I had to show a video's to prove it was leaking, when they told me that the stove would have to go back to factory for repair's (the ends ever connected at the upper left hand corner)
Dealing with the warranty deportment is very disappointing, First they asked a list of questions like: What kind of wood am I burning? How much wood do I use in a year? What type of pipe do I have? How much moisture content is in the wood? Do you use the stove every day? All these questions are trying to point the finger at me for their stove failing. The repair is going to take four weeks, this is my only heat source. GOOD LUCK IF THE STOVE FAILS!

That's a lousy experience. Did you ask the dealer for a replacement stove?

I haven't done a dollar bill test on the door in the last year but the fire makes noticable changes when I open and closed the air intake. Stove still runs like a dream! In the mild weather, with the house warm and the stove hot, a final load of logs in around 1130 pm and my house is still 72+ when I get up around 8am. The fan is on but I will be down to coals. Rack the coals to the front and I'm off and running!