Here Is A Quiet Cheap Fan For Anyone Looking To Push Air Down A Hallway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizler

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Chazy, NY 12921
I got this to replace my old ten inch box fan at Wallyworld for ten or twelve bucks. Its called a NANTUCKET BREEZE MODEL BF-102. 9 inch and very very quiet yet it moves a fair amount of air. It has the nice rounded edges for convenient gentle tripping over (my personal favorite). Of course like everything else it does speak Chinese just like the 4 year old Hauer which was my last hallway fan which was getting sick. It is hard to find a quiet fan so if you are looking for one make sure you listen to a lot of them before you buy one. Its funny how loud a fan can sound once you are in bed and the house quiets down.

EddyKilowatt said:
Thanks for the report... you're right, quiet fans are hard to come by.

I can't find that one online anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out in the stores.

Eddy

Just like my thermostat adventure sometimes online just doesn't cut it. Its always nice to be able to take something back. Anyways you will like the shape of the Nantucket Breeze, its round so it will fly straight for the goal posts as you field goal it down the hall all winter long during nocturnal walks. One other thing to remember with these small fans is not to toss them when they start to slow down and not turn well. Each year I dig a couple metric tons of mixed corn fallout (seems like it anyways),mixed with the fur of my 4 cats that gets jammed in there. That gunk gets wrapped around the spindle and eventually makes it slow down. A quick tear down, cleaning and a drop of oil and its good as new again. I should put a flashing strobe on top of mine to cut down on the collisions and they should last a lot longer.

How about a night light? I bought a couple LED lights that throw off a nice glow and should last forever.

Strobe lights would probably piss off the cats... ;-)

Chris

Ye a non believers. Know this! No known cure for tripping over the floor fan has been discovered................... It's like death itself, its just overpowering and unavoidable sitting there like a rattlesnake waiting poised to strike. Of course the shorter among us do tend to fare far better.

Driz said:
Ye a non believers. Know this! No known cure for tripping over the floor fan has been discovered................... It's like death itself, its just overpowering and unavoidable sitting there like a rattlesnake waiting poised to strike. Of course the shorter among us do tend to fare far better.

Which is why i put mine in a custom wall hole near the doors in my house no fans to trip on.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 438
We have a very quiet fan that pushes a lot of air. It is a the fan from an old furnace that my husband wired up. It may not be pretty, but it works well, is quiet and cost less than $10.

One of the reasons why i did spend $65 on a small 75 cfm fan for the doorway. It was silent in the Wood stove store and is silent at home and it has run virtually 24/7 for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.