Is this Ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
20140329_122558.jpg 20140329_121154.jpg 20140329_121148.jpg 20140329_121204.jpg Trying to get some more cut. Mud season makes it hard, so I left the truck and set out on foot today to buck a few blow downs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
yes

That's Ash!

Notice that the bark is beginning to flake off a bit. A sure sign that the tree will be dead soon. Good you got it; great firewood (ash).

Probably will. Good luck.

White Ash, the Prince of Woods! :cool:
Yeah. When I was bucking it the bark came totally off on a few pieces. Peeled right off. Should be good to go to burn next winter. :)
Don't split too big; I did that last spring and got burned....they didn't quite get dry enough and were a little sluggish in my cat stoves. :mad:

Great wood. Looks like you can split it right there.

You bet your ash !!

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist !

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.