Jotul 8 (1st gen)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi 1990Jotul.

Thankyou very much for all the info you’ve provided on this thread. I have just purchased a Jotul #8. It has a draft wheel on the front door and I’ve found this info invaluable. I just need to sort out a 7 inch to 6 inch flue adapter and I’ll be in business!
Cheers
Hi Fezatron,
You're welcome. Glad someone found it useful. This would not be your cheapest solution, but I honestly believe the best: get yourself an actual Jotul 6 inch flue collar, made for this stove. It will come with the gasket and screws you need to install it:
Product Code: Jotul 151883 . You can buy it from Harworth stoves in England. They ordered it for me from Jotul and I received it fairly quickly. Perfect installation with a 6 inch stove pipe and chimney.