Jotul f45 air control lever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nicolaycbell

Nov 18, 2014
North Carolina
Howdy!

I was recently giving my f45 a good once over and noticed the air control lever is bent at a slight angle at the bolt, not a straight line from the front triangle to the piece that hooks into the slot. For any f45 folks out there would you mind taking a look at yours and let me know if that's normal? I've had it for 2 years and it burns great but this has got me thinking if I messed the lever up as my buddy and I hauled it into my house on a rainy day in a muddy backyard and took a slight tumble.... also my air inlet on the right side, if you're facing the stove, does not get fully uncovered when the lever is in the fully open position and doesn't start to get uncovered until I hit roughly the halfway point in reference to the lever position. Like I said I get good results out of the stove operation this just makes me wonder if I should be getting better

I just bought a F45, haven't installed it yet, but I did check the air control lever and yes it is bent slightly at the bolt. So no worries that you bent it. The air inlet on the right side does not get completely uncovered in the fully open position. About 1/8" of the air inlet is still covered at full open. Also it doesn't uncover until the lever is slightly more then halfway open. Again it looks like yours is the same and good to go.

Reactions: begreen