Moding my Makita DCS 520i -Where can I find how/what to do???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donatello

Hearth Supporter
Nov 8, 2007
Connecticut
I don't want to go crazy with mods,just some "light" mods for more horsepower,etc.. It's a bone stock DCS 520i with 18"bar. Just looking for how/what to do... I don't want to gut my muffler,run lean and burn a piston. Am I correct in assuming this is a repackaged Dolmar saw?
I did a number of searches and came up with nothing...

Makita owns Dolmar, but all Dolmars are still made at the German plants, and the Makita saws are just plain Dolmars in blue. Second on the notion that Arboristsite is the place to go for hot-saw mods - both how to's and connections to people that can do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

I'm not planning to do it, as I want to keep my noise levels reasonable, and my 7900 makes plenty of power in stock form, but the word on muffler mods seems to be only a moderate increase in the opening size (I forget the exact formula they reccomend, but there is one) and then richening up the carb to allow for the increased flow.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.