N. Tex - shot in the dark

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SterlingSL

Nov 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Having heck finding a stove. Live in N. Texas area. Getting the same old story: nothing available - weeks and weeks out. We did find a clearance Grandview 300 but the dealer can't seem to find a heat shield that will work with the stove and I'm tired of pressing them on it. Found another dealer that can put a Harman Pxx in our house in a couple of weeks but I'm not sold on pellets. I've done a little reading over in the pellet sub and they look like a PITA to me. I had a Regence I3100 insert at the home we just moved out of and I loved that thing. No fireplace in this new house and it's cold as hell with plain old heatpump "heat". Anyone know of anything available in N. Texas? I read a lot about the BK here but there is no dealer located in the area that I'm aware of.

Having heck finding a stove. Live in N. Texas area. Getting the same old story: nothing available - weeks and weeks out. We did find a clearance Grandview 300 but the dealer can't seem to find a heat shield that will work with the stove and I'm tired of pressing them on it. Found another dealer that can put a Harman Pxx in our house in a couple of weeks but I'm not sold on pellets. I've done a little reading over in the pellet sub and they look like a PITA to me. I had a Regence I3100 insert at the home we just moved out of and I loved that thing. No fireplace in this new house and it's cold as hell with plain old heatpump "heat". Anyone know of anything available in N. Texas? I read a lot about the BK here but there is no dealer located in the area that I'm aware of.

Good luck!

We live down much closer to San Antonio, and boy, I sympathize.

I don't have much good advice, and I think lots of dealers are probably having a hard time as COVID has made all sorts of manufacturing slow downs, but I thought I'd throw out my limited suggestions.

Georgetown Fireplace and Patio near Austin is a Blaze King dealer. I think it would have to be a special order, though, not an in stock purchase.

The Fireplace Shoppe in Stephenville installed our stove even though he couldn't get the model we needed. I don't know what stock he carries.

We purchased our stove in Tyler from East Texas Brick Company. That was late in 2019, and it was something they had in stock.

You may have tried those options already, but I thought I'd mention them in case it helped. It sure is cold today.

You might be better off suffering through the winter and waiting to find a good deal in the spring/summer. Keep an eye out on FB marketplace and CL and you might be able to get a deal on a used one.

There are two good suppliers in the Fort Worth area. The first is Leonard's Stone and Fireplace. This is on I-35 south of Ft. Worth by the suburb called Burleson. They sell gas fireplaces and Jotul and hearthstone model stoves. This is where I bought my Jotul Oslo 500 back in 2015.
A second supplier is David's Stove Shop in a town called Hudson Oaks, east of Weatherford. They sell Xtrodanaire fireplaces, Morso, Lopi and Jotul stoves. If you have a fireplace they have many grates of different sizes.

I also used the Fireplace Shop in Stephenville. He can order and install any stove you wish but also does chimney cleaning.
I wish you success on your search.