Needing a crew for the Ice storm Who's in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wind speed 33-51

Hang in there guys! Looks Like low 30 this w/e :coolsmile:

And I think Zap said it's only cold the first half of February. And it's the shortest month.

Roads horrible this morning, the roads that were plowed are ice the roads that arent plowed are better atleast you have some traction on the hard snow.

Here in ontario , the storm is at it peak now , winds at 40 + and the blowing snow causing whiteouts. The makings of the overtime shifts ....stay inside and stay safe

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Hang in there guys! Looks Like low 30 this w/e :coolsmile:

And I think Zap said it's only cold the first half of February. And it's the shortest month.

:coolgrin:

I prolly shouldn't tell ya this now . . . we've dodged every ('cept that crazy lake effect 16" early on) 'major storm' this season. Last night they had us in heavy snow, switched it to serious icing, now. . . it disappeard off to the East.

26 days to mud season!!
swindon_mud_wrestling_8471_350x470.jpg

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
I prolly shouldn't tell ya this now . . . we've dodged every ('cept that crazy lake effect 16" early on) 'major storm' this season. Last night they had us in heavy snow, switched it to serious icing, now. . . it disappeard off to the East.

26 days to mud season!!
swindon_mud_wrestling_8471_350x470.jpg

I can only imagine the other pics and clips you have on your pc :p

Mudd Season I will Take it! ;-)

78 in here.....Finally

This fall I got a Montgomery Ward Snowblower and a dresser with a Mirror for my little girl. Total Spent = $90. It's a really nice dresser, so I'll say it cost me $89. That Dollar I spent on this Snowblower is the best $1 I've ever spent in my entire life.

Found this stuff on the interweb ( http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowfeatures.html#geardrive ) about Gilson machines, apparently same thing as mine.

55132.jpg

These intermediate 2 stage machines were introduced in the early 1970s and ran through the decade. They were introduced as 18 inch 4 horsepower and latter were grown to 24 inch machines with 5 horsepower engines. They were single speed machines with forward and reverse. The friction drive transmission was protected by U.S. patents 3,813,954 & 3,720,112. To keep the units compact in size and to make them economical the engineers developed a design that did not require the traditional "fire wall" behind the impeller. Instead they integrated the impeller and lower blower pulley and a labyrinth seal to the chassis. This effectively kept the snow out of the traction transmission area. You can learn more about this by viewing U.S. patent #3,774,322.

I'd still be digging out with a shovel.

Just had internet service restored.Still haven't seen news for two days just hope every one stayed warm.

smokinjay said:
78 in here.....Finally

Heard that...came home from work today and had to turn the stove down.

Status
Not open for further replies.