New guy with some Jotul 602 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I put a new 1/4" gasket on and the door closes now. Thanks guys. Also, I was wondering if putting up a heat shield will also reduce clearances for a single wall stove pipe if the shield goes all the way up the wall. Has anyone figured out how close I can get the old 602 to the wall? How about if I put it in at a 45 degree angle? The old manual doesn't say anything about that.

We had it on our Jotul's flue when we moved into the house. It was effective.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the side burn plates are so odd shaped? I was going to have some new ones fabricated and I was wondering if I should just make them larger and rectangular - basically the same size and shape as the side panels (while allowing room for the top baffle plate of course).

scandavaian design.

Status
Not open for further replies.