Nice score thanks to the storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin*

Burning Hunk
Nov 29, 2011
SNOHOMISH, WA
While we didn't get the storm we were told we would here in the Seattle area it did get a few trees and that gave me a nice score at the local wood dump that lots of arborist's use. Took about 20 mins to load this up.
20161018_091506_zpsufjmqm3q.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ash or another variety? Is the wood dump a section at the land fill? I would imagine you would have to hit the timing right to get nice wood.

Glad the storm didn't do its worst there but nice score!

Mapple and hemlock, about half and half. Nope, just on the side of the road next to a gravel quarry and yeah there is pretty much always some cotton wood there which some people cut, split and sell to some poor soul.

I am pretty sure that truck and lift is somehow cheating...:p;lol

It's a back saver! Only wish I had a stove for it. This is for the in-laws

WTG. Easy peasy American.

bob

I only made it this way because I had almost all the part laying around in the scrap pile. Trailer setups are pretty simple with a winch, there's tons of them on youtube.

When it comes to the common stuff, maple's about as good as it gets around here.

I love burning maple, if I had to choose the type of wood to burn for the rest of my life, it would be maple, dries quicker than oak, burns hot and long, not a lot of excessive ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.