One of a kind FULL wood shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
Newer member, but have always visited this site for great info etc. You can pretty much guarantee anything to do with burning wood can be found on this site. I've been cutting, chopping, and hauling wood ever since I could ride a bike.

Wanted to share a pic of my "converted" wood shed. It has 10 sides and is approx 20 feet across. If I ever run out of wood I can always burn the board and batten siding I put up 10 years ago, its all white oak! I have approx 3 years of wood in shed, mostly ash, and as you can see from wood pile pic I have lots more to process this winter. There's shagbark hickory, ash, cherry, locust and oak in the pile. This wood will be for the 2016 season on. Any guesses as to what I originally built this shed for?

Attachments

• rps20111109_164421.jpg
    rps20111109_164421.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 2,013
  • rps20111109_164324.jpg
    rps20111109_164324.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,966
wishlist said:
Any guesses as to what I originally built this shed for?

Gun turret?

Nice looking gazebohausen.

Jags said:
wishlist said:

Gun turret?

LOL I think you coined the woodburning word of the year!! Very cool shelter though..

Ray

raybonz said:
Jags said:
wishlist said:

Gun turret?

LOL I think you coined the woodburning word of the year!! Very cool shelter though..

Ray

Last year was heapinhausen. I'm on a roll. :coolsmile:

Jags said:
raybonz said:
Jags said:
wishlist said:

Gun turret?

Ray

Last year was heapinhausen. I'm on a roll. :coolsmile:

Yup you're in a league of your own your wordiness.. :)

Ray

Looks like a ventilation stack for a giant underground bunker :coolsmirk:

stock-photo-old-soviet-bunker-ventilation-pipe-kiev-ukraine-49346653.jpg

a hot tub?

Your neighborhood group requires a gazebo in every yard, but they didn't specify what you could put in it?

That's about the best use of a gazebo I've ever seen.

star gazing...telescope?

Fart sniffing shed

Gary_602z said:
Fort to keep people from Vernon away? :lol:

Gary

Good 1 Gary! Lol...my inlaws live near Vernon but the "fort" doesn't work?
I think as soon as Dennis responds he will have the answer!

Nice looking gazebohausen

Thats good! If he went up the sides and over the roof it would be one helleva a holzhausen

Awesome wood shed.
Any wood shed that's full is great, yours is top notch.
You need to build another one for all the other wood, BIGGER :)
Great pictures

I love the "gazebohausen" -- both the newly coined term and the actual pic.

Welcome to hearth.com. Thanks for posting.

This is what I built mine for originally. It now does store wood in the winter, as it is a staging area. 1/2 way from wood shed to my stove.

Attachments

• P8280006.jpg
    P8280006.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,367
  • P8220074.jpg
    P8220074.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,366
  • P8220070.jpg
    P8220070.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,360
The windows make it look like a shoot house for say a turkey shoot or for some sort of hunt club bird hunt?

Sure is a pretty site with all that wood. Best I've seen in awhile.

It contains the stone altar where you perform the ritual animal sacrifices on the holy days. I'm quite sure there's some correspondence between the orientations of the ten sides and sacred points in the night sky at the soltices and equinoxes.

fossil said:
It contains the stone altar where you perform the ritual animal sacrifices on the holy days. I'm quite sure there's some correspondence between the orientations of the ten sides and sacred points in the night sky at the soltices and equinoxes.

That - or it was just a heck of a nice place to put a picnic table. :lol:

Gazebohausen? Lol... I remember reading awhile back about the holhausen and the reasoning for stacking wood that way. Looked like a PIA to me. If there any members here from Europe I'm sure they have seen plenty of these sheds.

No on the turkey shoot, sacred stone, etc.......

Welcome to the forum wishlist. Nice woodpile too. Guess? How about what started out as a corn crib but ended up as a wood house?!

btw, we are not too far apart with you being from Corunna.

Backwoods Savage said:
Welcome to the forum wishlist. Nice woodpile too. Guess? How about what started out as a corn crib but ended up as a wood house?!

btw, we are not too far apart with you being from Corunna.

My guess was a crib as well but seems smaller than what im used to seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.