Pacific Energy NEO 2.5 Problem? with fire brick and brick rail set

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ode1891

Dec 7, 2015
Maryland
The stove burns great. The installers came out and replaced the rheostat fan controller, and the new one does not race. But it does not have a steady adjustment--it sounds good from 80%-100% but from 80 down its has little noticeable change in RPM after dropping. It cuts to slow immediately and stays there. That may be a cheap rheostat or something about the fans requiring certain amps--dunno. Point being , the fans work but have less variable control than my 1975 box had. Pretty poor for a hi-tech stove.

The real issue at present is that the TOP TWO sidewall fire brick on the left hand side are slid back further than those on the right. The Brick rail set on the right sits 90 degrees flush to the brick and flat against the Baffle--looks good. On the left side, the brick rail set leans inward and does not look correct. Anybody have or had this issue and what should I do about it? Like I said, it burns fine, air washes good across glass, but it looks like something isn't lined up. Is sliding TOP TWO sidewall bricks normal? It does not look like those rail sets attach in any way except that the weight of the baffle sitting on them holds them in place?

Any experience with these would be appreciated.

Last edited:
There's still something wrong with that rheostat. Our T6 blower rheostat is smooth across the range of the control.

There's still something wrong with that rheostat. Our T6 blower rheostat is smooth across the range of the control.
Thanks, it seems so to me too that the variable speed should be noticed gradually as you move the knob..

Anybody understand what I described about the left brick rail set being lose? It looks like there are holes in the brick rail set (brackets) where they either hang on pins or are screwed into something. The baffle seems to be hanging securely as I guess the weight is on the back pin and the right brick rail set. The store is sending somebody out after this storm goes through to check it out.

It bothers me that I can't find a direct line to Pacific Energy. I have to go back to the stove store who then calls their PE distributor who provides a number into PE for tech support--pretty shabby at a glance.

It's very common for stove manufacturers to communicate through their dealers. Many major stove companies work this way. The dealer is frontline, eyes on the scene. Sometimes it's hard to know exactly what's up without seeing it and many customers are not hands on DIY repair people. You can try contacting their customer care center but it's possible that the dealer will fix before you get an answer.
http://www.pacificenergy.net/support/support/technical-support/

Status
Not open for further replies.