Quadra-Fire Pellet Stove Won't Turn Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AFNomad97

Oct 29, 2022
Tijeras, NM
My house has a Quadra-Fire Santa Fe Pellet Insert that we've been using for about three years now. We've had a couple of problems with it and I've been able to solve them like replacing the relay on the control board after the igniter stayed on continuously. But I've got a new problem that I can't seem to solve and I can't find a solution to.

The stove seems to think it has a continuous call for heat from the thermostat on the wall. The red call light is always illuminated when the stove has power. This means the only way for the stove to stop is for it to run out of pellets or to open the hopper door which stops the auger from feeding pellets. My troubleshooting on this has included turning the thermostat down, turning the thermostat off, removing the thermostat from the wall, disconnecting the thermostat wires at the stove and now replacing the control board with a new one (which also came with a new grounding wire for the thermocouple). It still continues to run like it has a call for heat. I have also checked for continuity of the thermostat wires (it is an open circuit when the thermostat has been removed from the wall and the wires have been disconnected from the stove).

I will also add that there is one other nuisance in that the relay that indicates if the hopper door is closed is a bit flaky also even after replacing it. The magnet has to be in an almost exact position for the auger to start. It's to the point that I snipped the relay off the old wires and just twisted them together to jump that part of the circuit.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this.

My house has a Quadra-Fire Santa Fe Pellet Insert that we've been using for about three years now. We've had a couple of problems with it and I've been able to solve them like replacing the relay on the control board after the igniter stayed on continuously. But I've got a new problem that I can't seem to solve and I can't find a solution to.

The stove seems to think it has a continuous call for heat from the thermostat on the wall. The red call light is always illuminated when the stove has power. This means the only way for the stove to stop is for it to run out of pellets or to open the hopper door which stops the auger from feeding pellets. My troubleshooting on this has included turning the thermostat down, turning the thermostat off, removing the thermostat from the wall, disconnecting the thermostat wires at the stove and now replacing the control board with a new one (which also came with a new grounding wire for the thermocouple). It still continues to run like it has a call for heat. I have also checked for continuity of the thermostat wires (it is an open circuit when the thermostat has been removed from the wall and the wires have been disconnected from the stove).

I will also add that there is one other nuisance in that the relay that indicates if the hopper door is closed is a bit flaky also even after replacing it. The magnet has to be in an almost exact position for the auger to start. It's to the point that I snipped the relay off the old wires and just twisted them together to jump that part of the circuit.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this.
Hi same issue how did you fix it. We are about to just install a new thermostat. Lets talk more we have the same stove thanks william