Quadrafire Contour pellet stove does not feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jfazekas

Oct 23, 2017
Saylorsburg, PA
So I bought an older Quadrafire Contour pellet stove secondhand. I think the stove is from 2001 (at least that seems to be the date on the control board.)

I had it working for a few days but now the auger does not feed pellets anymore. When I plug it in the exhaust blower comes on and when I turn the thermostat up the call for heat light turns red. I know the igniter works because I can drop some pellets into the fire pot and they catch fire but the fire obviously does not stay because no new pellets are being fed. On the control board I see a blinking yellow (possibly green) light and I am not sure what this means. This is the black opaque control board, not the transparent ones they have now.

I have tried jumping all of the snap disks, checked if snap disk 3 needed to be reset, jumped the vacuum switch, removed the auger to check for jams, and checked for loose wires. None of those seemed to help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Have you unplugged it for a few minutes to reset the control?

If you jump the auger motor does ir work ?

So I pulled the auger assembly out of the stove, jumped the vacuum switch, and then wired up the motor to see if it would run while it is outside of the stove. After I plugged the stove in and turned the thermostat up it took about 30 seconds for the auger motor to start spinning but when it did the motor was making a lot of noise and I could stop the rotation of it with a pair of pliers. So at the very least it seems like I need a new motor. I ordered one and it should be here on Thursday, hopefully that will solve the issue. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: