Regency i2450 noise/harmonic sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Installer came back and replaced the 30 degree elbow as the dealer indicated it was a venting problem. He also fiddled around with the magnet on the secondary air intake. We lit a fire and the howl was still there and the smoke smell was still there. Since then the howl while a fire is burning has gone away but the howl with no fire and high wind has not gone away. I received information that I will be receiving a part to install over the primary air damper hole which should heal all. We shall see what happens.

Finally a follow up. Regency sent a sheet metal part that you install over the hole the damper control rod goes through the side of the unit. You snap it in place. No more noise when it is windy or when the damper is adjusted. Howling sound resolved.

The smoke smell on high fan is still present. The chimney was cleaned before the burning season started. It is a straight Duraliner chimney pipe that worked just fine with the I2400. A call to Regency technical support resulted in them believing that the joint of the flex liner and insert collar needs to be sealed with Dura-pak (sp?). We shall try this and see what happens.

Reactions: moresnow
Regency now says the smoke smell on high fan is not an isolated incident. They have redesigned the vertical deflector and are providing me one to replace the original. Again we shall see what happens.

Reactions: moresnow