Rumbling in Nj

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Did any of you NJ guys feel the ground rumble around 9am this morning. Earthquake?

NOt here in central Jerz. Did you know the Ramapo Mt. are along a quake fault? I'm just sayin.

Follow-up. USGS reported a 2.6 quake in Morristown NJ this morning at 859am.

Teddy must really be restless to feel him rolling over that far off.

I didn't feel anything. How long did it last?

I would say it was 2-3 seconds of rumbling. Sounded like a truck crashed into my house. It was centered in peapack.

It really depends on the geology in your area. I worked in N Haledon 20 yrs ago, where rock is just below the grass, my customer there woke up when the fuel tank by the turnpike in Newark blew up. When we were there we felt rumbles from the quarries 10 miles away.

I don't feel anything below ~4.2 out here. I guess I'm too desensitized out here it quake country.

Status
Not open for further replies.