Severe Weather 2022

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We are going to have snow this coming week and I believe "lots" but I have not listened to my weather channel today--too much to do....clancey
Since your post, did you see how much snow you could receive?

We're in for warmer weather with a bunch of rain on Tuesday night if todays forecast is correct. We have an Areal Flood Watch on.

image1.png

image2.png

The ice looks like it will stay north of us but they're forecasting between 0.5 - 1 of rain for our area so things will be a mess and the driveway will be like a skating rink.

Reactions: woodey
Severe weather in CO with snow and ice snow and very very cold temperatures--they say but they all differ at times---but 4 to 8 inches of snow that's the forecast now but could change by morning but it wicked cold weather...clancey

Looks like I’m likely to get some freezing rain but under .25 “, hopefully
I'm seeing power outages in the Waddington NY area, I wonder if it's ice.

WinterPrecipOnset.jpg

WinterPrecipEndTiming.jpg

They're calling for 6-12 for our area.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We had a bit of snow/sleet last night, but around 3 or so it changed to freezing rain here; there's 1/8- 1/4" of ice on everything here. Don't know how the wife got to her work at the hospital this morning - it's a (hilly) skating rink out here.

We've received over two inches of snow here, even though it's covering up the ice, it's still slickery out there.

We've received over two inches of snow here, even though it's covering up the ice, it's still slickery out there.
My son’s friend went out to start his truck 2 nites ago and slipped on ice and fell breaking 2 bones in his leg. It was captured by the ring door bell. You can see him fall and hear the bone break followed by blood curdling screams..

• Sad
Reactions: stoveliker
My son’s friend went out to start his truck 2 nites ago and slipped on ice and fell breaking 2 bones in his leg. It was captured by the ring door bell. You can see him fall and hear the bone break followed by blood curdling screams..
Can't like that, I hope he's okay. I have these on my boots but it was still slick this morning.
1645808320362.png

Got 1/4" of ice earlier this week. Then a couple inches of fluff last light. Everything is slick...

Reactions: thewoodlands
I started thinking branches might start cracking (1/4"? - but with a few inch icicles hanging every 2" or so from branches), the temperature went up enough for it to start thawing. Icy shards on the ground everywhere now.

Ouch. At least most of our embarrassing lifetime moments of the past weren't captured on high-definition video, for our friends and family to enjoy.

I once fell down a flight of stairs, breaking several ribs and my scapula (shoulder blade). Since we were young and too tough for such stupid injuries, my buddies used to force me to lie about how it happened.

We ended up receiving just over six inches of snow, three driveways plowed.

A sign of spring. A week ago I could have walked across the river. The ice broke loose midweek. We have seen several robins all winter and have had 4-5 blue birds using one of the nesting boxes here also. Hopefully the purple martins survive the migration and show up to the gourd rack here sometime in late April.

5D11EC14-2930-42E5-995C-D02E005696AC.jpeg

I'm sure the forecast will change but it looks like we might get some ice.
1646169787536.png

Was 60 yesterday. Had thunderstorm last night with a nice light show and loud boomers. Tonight we are going to get 2-4" of snow. Crazy weather swings.

High winds in CNY tonight. Gonna be a few hours before the boys from national grid untangle this mess. Other 4 broken poles not pictured haha
View attachment 293141
I give them credit, they replaced 5 poles and straightened up this mess pretty quickly. Poles went by my house at 6PM and the power came back on at 2:30AM. I may grumble a lot about my electric bill, but they usually do a good job getting the power back on in a reasonable time frame.

Yesterday morning, cold and rainy. Took a late break for lunch, and when I headed back outside, summer had arrived. I didn't check the thermometer, but the change was dramatic. Spent the evening getting started on the spring pressure-washing of some walks at patios!