Still Burning, Anyone Else?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oh, and rain and snow for the next couple of days. This weather is putting me behind schedule with all my projects.

10 inches of snow yesterday and -2 C this morning... definitely still burning !

Reactions: Dix
It wasn't 85, unless you were to the west. I was in Ronk..... 75, maybe.

KOTC, just because :)
Was on the west end, that and being on the parkway. Coming off winter with last few days of cool rain, 85 and humid felt like a sauna.

Reactions: Dix
Jcalpler,
I have a BK princess in the basement put it in this past November. Love it, very easy to use, great burn times and heat output is so, so steady

Huauqui, what kind of stove do you have?

Woodpro WS-TS-2000

Yesterday was the first day of 2017 and first day since way back in the Fall that there was no fire in the woodstove all day . . . thinking this might be the same case today. My wife and I did run the oil boiler one time to just put a little heat in the house in the morning as it was a tad chilly (and temp outside and inside were pretty close so it sometimes makes starting a fire without a good draft going a bit of a chore) . . . plus it's never a bad idea to let the boiler get a little work out before it slumbers for the summer.

That said . . . weather forecast has cooler temps in the forecast which is why my wife who was cleaning around the woodstove said that perhaps the woodbox shouldn't go out on to the porch just quite yet.

Well I just may have to unplug my Auber AT100 from stove as we are not burning here in NJ. Warmer temps and the at100 is just blazing at 78 degrees and no hotter LOL

Yesterday morning was like a July summer morning, 70 deg, high humidity, shorts and a tee shirt drinking coffee on the front porch weather, today its back to April, 44 deg dry air and a breeze, I got about 2 cords of logs to split today, perfect weather for that at least.
Whats crazy if the weather in the Rockies / plains, 10-16" of snow, blizzard warnings.... you guys can have it

20F this AM in the Central Rockies. (8" of snow yesterday) Yes...we are still burning nightly and will probably do so until the end of May when the nightly temps start to creep up above 40F. 60F for the high today. 75 by Friday.

You guys are still talking about burning wood, I was out racing sailboats yesterday! It was hot and sunny, here. It is a wood boat, at least. [emoji14]

You guys are still talking about burning wood, I was out racing sailboats yesterday! It was hot and sunny, here. It is a wood boat, at least. [emoji14]
My neighbor turned on central air yesterday. Today it is cloudy chilly day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yesterday, I cleaned up the firewood outside the back door. It was 85.

Today, 52F, and going down to 40F here in the Hollow.... just brought a wheel barrow full of wood into the house, damn it :mad:

Very interesting weather rainy with temps in the 40's and low 50's yesterday. 80 plus today, I did have a fire in both stoves just to take the chill out of the house. Supposed to be rainy and 50's most of the week here so I figure I'm not done yet.

Fire going yesterday evening and this morning . . . I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoyed my two days of Summer.

Reactions: tarzan
woke up to a foot of snow on saturday morning... you better believe the fire was going friday night! I didn't really need to get another going last night, but I had wood inside, so figured it wouldn't be bad to take the chill off. threw a couple of pine logs in there, and off it went!

Had a friend that used to live in Golden. Crazy weather there. We arrived in October to blizzard that shut down the freeways. Two days later it was melted, warm and sunny.

in my household we have an october birthday, a january birthday, an april birthday and a may birthday. The only one we can accurately predict that it will be warm and sunny is the one in january :)

I gotta say... i am sad to see the burning season come to an end.. This is my first season with this stove. It was great. We havent burned regularly in a while but had a fire friday when i got home from work. The season went by fast. Recently it only having fires 2 to 3 fires per week.. but even i am thinking that's going to be a thing of the past
It was so much fun the first season. I was genuinely sad when it was over. Even after the learning curve. Three seasons in I'm glad it's over. I love burning but I love warm weather even more. Although the first burns of the season are always special. Now onto preparing for the next season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got to about 70 today. Ran the mower to clean the lawn up and did some other odds and ends. Inside for a beer and to watch the golf and the stove room still hadn't budged from 63. So fire time, been burning all afternoon.
70 outside. If it got that high at my house I would most definitely not be burning. It only got to 64 today outside. Still 74 upstairs 70 downstairs.

70 outside. If it got that high at my house I would most definitely not be burning. It only got to 64 today outside. Still 74 upstairs 70 downstairs.

I hear ya but my stove is in a room that's half below grade sorta kinda like a walk out basement so it stays much cooler early in the year. Even so haven't burned since then, burning season is over for me. Now it's cutting grass season.

Forty freaking one at my house this morning. Sparked one up to take the chill off. Crummy next 10 days or so. Very 'unspringish'.

boooooo...ssssssss

I have about 2 acres that I want to start working on and can't...till the ground is very firm.

Wife just asked me to get another load or two of my punks, chunks and uglies . . . still burning.

No burning last night, the low was just 56. Just hit 72F. First time this year and it feels good.

Just fired off the PE.... down to 35F here in the Hollow tonight, and damp rain for the next 2 days.

Firewood inside is good to go, going to bring in some kindling before it gets soaked, just incase :mad:

Just fired off the PE.... down to 35F here in the Hollow tonight, and damp rain for the next 2 days.
Firewood inside is good to go, going to bring in some kindling before it gets soaked, just incase :mad:

Oh, that really sux. I expect I will be hearing it from my sister-in-law soon.