The Regency CI2600 operation thread

JRFarmer

Oct 3, 2019
Hatfield, PA
What kind of probe do you have? The OEM one is just a 9V battery only. No option for wall wart.
FYI. I don't think there's anything special about that OEM device. You should be able to replace it with any off-the-shelf k-type thermocouple thermometer and get the same results.

I'm currently using a custom setup with a thermocouple amplifier hooked-up to a raspberry pi. It's mostly held together with spit and duct tape right now while I'm writing software for it.

sleepingtiger

Jan 20, 2020
New Jersey
UPDATE: Regency staff came thru, and helped dealer install an airflow restriction plate just as mentioned prior. I am now seeing 7 hour burns! Still half of 14, but hey, that's enough to satisfy me. Thank you all!

Reactions: Wolves1

Pisano772

Sep 27, 2019
NY
Hey I have the ci2700 posting in here because I’m sure it’s very similar. I recently had it installed about a month and a half ago. I see people here saying they get there temperature over 1000 degrees?? When I have the damper and the catalytic open I’m only getting around 700 degrees. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

JRFarmer

Oct 3, 2019
Hatfield, PA
Hey I have the ci2700 posting in here because I’m sure it’s very similar. I recently had it installed about a month and a half ago. I see people here saying they get there temperature over 1000 degrees?? When I have the damper and the catalytic open I’m only getting around 700 degrees. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Are you watching the temperature throughout the burn cycle? If I re-load the hot stove with some wood, it's 1000+ within 30 minutes. It will come to a peak temperature between 30 and 60 minutes and slowly decrease over the next hours. The more wood you load, the higher the peak temperature and the slower the temperature will decline. Have you checked the moisture of your wood?

Pisano772

Sep 27, 2019
NY
Are you watching the temperature throughout the burn cycle? If I re-load the hot stove with some wood, it's 1000+ within 30 minutes. It will come to a peak temperature between 30 and 60 minutes and slowly decrease over the next hours. The more wood you load, the higher the peak temperature and the slower the temperature will decline. Have you checked the moisture of your wood?
Yeah, I’m constantly monitoring it. The wood moisture is usually around 17-20%. Maybe I don’t load enough wood. When you turn on your catalytic you are still getting a very high temperature. Every time that I turn it on it drops so much and goes down to about 530

Last edited:

Pisano772

Sep 27, 2019
NY
Just loaded it to the max. Kept my door a little open. I got it up to 900. I closed the door and it goes right down. 760, Damper open and catalytic open. I think my wood is not as dry as it should be since when I close the door and turn on the catalytic it goes right down and is at 650. I’m going to buy some wood at Home Depot tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited:

Mbcik

Dec 30, 2017
Oregon
Just loaded it to the max. Kept my door a little open. I got it up to 900. I closed the door and it goes right down. 760, Damper open and catalytic open. I think my wood is not as dry as it should be since when I close the door and turn on the catalytic it goes right down and is at 650. I’m going to buy some wood at Home Depot tomorrow and see what happens.
Pisano772, any luck using a different wood source? My stove usually drops temp quite a bit when first closing the door and the Bypass. But within 15-30 minutes it’s back up to full temp.

When you have the door open, do you hear any hissing from wet wood?

Pisano772

Sep 27, 2019
NY
Pisano772, any luck using a different wood source? My stove usually drops temp quite a bit when first closing the door and the Bypass. But within 15-30 minutes it’s back up to full temp.

When you have the door open, do you hear any hissing from wet wood?
Hey sorry for the delayed response. Yeah the wood I have is definitely not dry enough. I bought some wood at Home Depot and the temperature is so much higher. I used a moisture meter on the wood I have again and I split it up more and I’m getting around 30% which from this site I heard it very high.

tadmaz

Feeling the Heat
Dec 21, 2017
Erin, WI
I've burned for 2 seasons, the first was just at nights. Filed for warranty, we'll see what they say. I don't recall seeing any pics THIS bad before :(

Attachments

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
That may be the worst posted. Was icy wood tossed on the fire at some point?

tadmaz

Feeling the Heat
Dec 21, 2017
Erin, WI
No icy wood. I usually have a load of wood in the house to get it to room temp. Wood is dry, rarely do I get any hissing. Oddly enough, I had some burns a few days ago and granted it was the shoulder season I was heating the house ok, cat glowed a bit, even though the channels were not really attached to anything. Regency has asked for a number of pics.