Triaxle load $100 total from Somerville NJ just delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Tree company did exactly what they promised.
[email protected]
spoke to mikeTomaio

20220506_091133_resized.jpg

Wow...I nominate you for today's "you suck" award...all those in favor, say aye
;)

Best CL purchase ever. Guy said 6 cords via email. Thought to my self, yeah yeah yeah.....
Couldn't be a better experience with this company.

Reactions: Isaac Carlson
Best CL purchase ever. Guy said 6 cords via email. Thought to my self, yeah yeah yeah.....
Couldn't be a better experience with this company.
Very nice price. What kind of wood?

I've been able to get a big 5 cord truck of hardwood here for around $400. The same load of pine is $100. Now that I'm 3 years ahead though I tend to get smaller loads from the smaller local guy. $75 for 2 cords.

I'm no stranger to the scrounge game but getting 1-2 years of wood delivered to your driveway for a few hundred bucks is hard to beat. Saves a ton of wear and tear on the body and eliminates the dangers of felling your own trees.

Here's a shot of the last big load I got 2 years ago:

1611170473682.jpg

Somerville, shoot wish it was closer. Can get woodchips easily but not good cordwood here. (that i know of)

Very nice price. What kind of wood?

I've been able to get a big 5 cord truck of hardwood here for around $400. The same load of pine is $100. Now that I'm 3 years ahead though I tend to get smaller loads from the smaller local guy. $75 for 2 cords.

I'm no stranger to the scrounge game but getting 1-2 years of wood delivered to your driveway for a few hundred bucks is hard to beat. Saves a ton of wear and tear on the body and eliminates the dangers of felling your own trees.

Here's a shot of the last big load I got 2 years ago:

View attachment 295383
Kind of unusual mix. Seems to be mostly ash, then maple then some black walnut. Sure I'll see more when I dig in. Didn't see any oak from a glance.

Kind of unusual mix. Seems to be mostly ash, then maple then some black walnut. Sure I'll see more when I dig in. Didn't see any oak from a glance.

That's a fine mix. Maple/Ash are awesome firewood. Versatile enough for both shoulder season and mid winter and often be ready in a year. I love oak but it's so good it's a waste on a 35 degree day and the time to dry makes it more challenging.

That said I have like 8 cords of red oak racked up right now lol.