What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Absolutely nothing tonight. Its 73 in the house now and look at this weather. 60 degrees in December in New England?!?!

The last thing we need is more water. I got my tractor stuck in the front yard doing leaves yesterday. :mad:

Screenshot_20211205-184932_Weather.jpg

House will hold the heat enough to make it until tomorrow for the heat pump to kick on.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Same here. 73 inside. 40 now, but increasing to 59 from now until tomorrow. Will let it burn out. (Also because I could run it really low tomorrow, but with an even colder flue and high windgusts (up to 55 mpg or so), I am concerned about short downdrafts, so as I don't need the heat, I'll let it go out tonight.)

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It's 72 up here so no fires tonight, with the temps getting close to 50 tomorrow we might not need one until the temp starts dropping tomorrow night.

Just razzing you
We had bought a new sooteater last year when my shoulder felt bad and the brush was hard to push up the pipe so I used it for the second time, works great.

The pain in my right shoulder was my gallbladder thickening up hitting the nerve that runs in behind the gallbladder to your right shoulder, I had my gallbladder removed so the shoulder feels great.

The diseased gallbladder (partial blockage with gallstones) didn't give me any pain in that area but the pain in my right shoulder was bad.

Milking some coals out a little longer for the overnight load. 34 now, single digits the next M & T nights and won't get above freezing again until Thursday in SE WI. Heading back to the snow mess in the northwoods tomorrow, below zero up there tomorrow night. Bringing some more better wood up with me for the overnight burns, pine and punky honey locust doesn't last long. Hoping to get in and the snow cleared before the temps drop drastically...

24 and snowing here now. We are supposed to get 6-10" by tomorrow morning. The temp is supposed to rise to 45 for a short time in the a.m. and then dive down to single digits tomorrow night. The snow vs. freezing rain/rain line is about 40 miles south of us. Time to put another log on the fire. Put a portable soft cab on the tractor yesterday to stop getting a snoot full of snow and wind every time I clean up the yard.

12-4-21 5.jpg

24 and snowing here now. We are supposed to get 6-10" by tomorrow morning. The temp is supposed to rise to 45 for a short time in the a.m. and then dive down to single digits tomorrow night. The snow vs. freezing rain/rain line is about 40 miles south of us. Time to put another log on the fire. Put a portable soft cab on the tractor yesterday to stop getting a snoot full of snow and wind every time I clean up the yard.

View attachment 287151
Nice looking tractor, is that the one you've always had or is it a new one?

Nice looking tractor, is that the one you've always had or is it a new one?
Got this one in November of 2017 so this is the 4th winter on it. Have both a 60" power angle plow and a 54" commercial grade front mounted blower for snow duties

IMG_0322.JPG

View attachment 287151
It is white here at the moment. Apparently, we will have an “all rain” event tomorrow! I hope. All white at the lake, heading there on Tue. hopefully it will not be freezing rain.

It is white here at the moment. Apparently, we will have an “all rain” event tomorrow! I hope. All white at the lake, heading there on Tue. hopefully it will not be freezing rain.
Report sounds like you will get more of the ice, and then rain in Ottawa. We are supposed to get more snow and ice pellets up here in the valley.

We had bought a new sooteater last year when my shoulder felt bad and the brush was hard to push up the pipe so I used it for the second time, works great.

The pain in my right shoulder was my gallbladder thickening up hitting the nerve that runs in behind the gallbladder to your right shoulder, I had my gallbladder removed so the shoulder feels great.

The diseased gallbladder (partial blockage with gallstones) didn't give me any pain in that area but the pain in my right shoulder was bad.
Classic referred pain, right (gallbladder/liver) left (spleen) etc. Glad you got it taken care of.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Added a few sassafras splits to keep the home warm before it reaches upper 40s outside at around midnight.

I just know it's wood.
Yep, that’s what I got! It’s wood and it’s very dry… averaging about 10% with some even lower. Here’s the garage stash I replenish from the outside racks, but I couldn’t tell you what it is. I have access to rounds of pecan and white oak, but I got ahead last year so I have to burn some to make room on the racks. Ashes and coals in the stove now due to higher temps lately; 20’s tonight so it will be loaded and burning this afternoon. Cheers!

374E5F65-88B4-4780-823D-8E299E883796.jpeg

Well winds are not bad (they were high late in the night/early morning).

Given that it'll be 37 tonight, the weather allows good control even when warm (55 now), I just loaded a few more split. I'll let it simmer all day, and have the fan (pulling cold air from the floor if my living room and blowing it onto the floor of the basement so that warm air goes up thru the stairs) off. Gives me a nice warm stove tonight for a real reload. I'll just have to live with a 74 F home... T-shirt and shorts then ..