What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
45 headed to 60 today so the heat pump/solar doing their thing. Have it set to 65 for the day, we'll just wear sweatshirts. If I lit even a small fire I'd roast us out of here. This is the time of year for the cat bois gloat! ;lol

We had 41.2 this morning with the temp at 44.5, not much for wind yet but that should hit when the cold front comes in.

We're running the pellet stove for a bit, we received some good rains overnight and today so it looks like the driveway should be clear of any ice before the cold front hits.

Yea I heard on the news a big one is coming in for your area and other areas in the NE because they were warning truck drivers of high winds and possible fogs on the highway...Here where I live last night it got about 20 degrees and wondering how today will be because did not hear the rest of the news..But if it remains cold---boy its fire stove time---Yes...last week took a whole bunch of the kiln dried [ oak } out of my wood shed into the house so I am ready.. clancey

Yea I heard on the news a big one is coming in for your area and other areas in the NE because they were warning truck drivers of high winds and possible fogs on the highway...Here where I live last night it got about 20 degrees and wondering how today will be because did not hear the rest of the news..But if it remains cold---boy its fire stove time---Yes...last week took a whole bunch of the kiln dried [ oak } out of my wood shed into the house so I am ready.. clancey
Nothing like a good fire, hopefully the weather allows you to have a fire. They're even calling for possible thunderstorms for our area.

I did see southwest of us in Watertown NY off of Lake Ontario, had people that had lost power. The winds can get real bad coming off the Lake.

This happened in Syracuse NY.

Got about 4" of snow last night. 35 and raining now. Supposed to snap down over night. They yapped about high winds here but haven't seen any yet. Gave Ole' Black Betty a cleanout this morning, then threw a couple of chunks of maple in her. Set for another week or so on the ash front.

Yesterdays high was 73 Last night at midnight it was 64 degrees. Massive storm blew through high winds the whole deal. Woke up this morning to 36 degrees. North Arkansas is crazy. Topped out so far today at 43 with a low of 25 being called for. loaded up with red oak and with the winds I will keep her burning until they slow down. Funny they are calling for 70's thursday and possibly 80's friday. Stay warm, friends.

Headed for a low of 16 tonight with wind chills below that...just loaded up a full load to the gills type of load of white oak and locust in the Princess..I have burned enough of this combo to expect 74-75 in the stove room in the morning...happy wife...:)

With all the rain we received with the warmer weather today, the driveway is pretty much clear of snow & ice.

The last I looked we had 34.2 and it was snowing. We're running the pellet stove since after supper but when it's time to hit the sleeper, I'll shut the p.s. off for the night, we've had some good winds tonight so tomorrow morning we'll fire the wood stove up again.

Got to the northwoods just before 3 today to 7 degrees and blustery; spent the next couple of hours snowblowing, then ran to the local big box. Now it's zero and kindling a small fire to warm up the flue in the Strattford II. Will have a softwood fire and load up with a mix of beech, ash and softwood for the overnight. This certainly isn't as easy as the NC-30 at home, but once warmed up it heats nicely. Glass gets smoked pretty easy, but some of the pine is a little marginal I'm still learning it...

Nice secondaries going even if the phone photo sucks...
20211206_200746.jpg

Yesterdays high was 73 Last night at midnight it was 64 degrees. Massive storm blew through high winds the whole deal. Woke up this morning to 36 degrees. North Arkansas is crazy. Topped out so far today at 43 with a low of 25 being called for. loaded up with red oak and with the winds I will keep her burning until they slow down. Funny they are calling for 70's thursday and possibly 80's friday. Stay warm, friends.
Extended looks insanely mild (maybe record temps for eastern half of the US) mid month. I just read several spots in Alaska had record or near record cold November, so it is out there. 18F here this afternoon and lots of wind, but sun was out...11F now and should be low single digits by morning. Big chunks of white pine filled the stove early and reloaded this afternoon and evening. Will probably throw some white oak on tonite before bed. Living room sat around 73F all day. Still no furnace. Burn burn burn.

First -25 of the season with a new stove and no vapour barrier. Not much sleep. Also bought a newer vehicle and couldn't plug it in for various reasons, so essentailly was up every 3 hours. Car started, went through too much wood, but that is what it is until March. Not the stoves fault. I had to work a long day and it still had coals, but it was rather cool. lol I am not a fan of pine at this moment to be honest. I am alone and work 8 hours and it is dark at almost 4:30 here, so I need to spend every minute mining for the good stuff. Big learning curve but also know what to do next year. My wood is all seasoned well. no issues. Just that I am 63 and it is dark all the time. lol
I should have added, that after Christmas, as the house is undergoing renovations, we are going to move my bedroom essentially into the living room by the wood stove and just plastic off the bedrooms. Because of supply issues, nothing is going to get done till very early spring.

hahaha. It is going to minus 27 tonight but i don't work for 4 days, and it is getting warmer. It is almost 10pm at night and pitch black outside and I have to go get more wood inside. I need to figure this out. I do have heaters to fill in but hydro is like gold right now. So sleep is an aside. lol I came home tonight with emergency vehicles all over my road right near my house and honestly thought my house was on fire. I don't know what it was, but they were blowtorching something at the end of my property where there are no pipes. I honestly didn't realize the amount of wood I would use with the house under renovations.