What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 30.1 this morning, the basement was still 73 and the temp up here was 71. We did have a shoulder season fire this morning and a small fire this after noon.

Up here is 72 and the last I checked the basement was 79.

Gets down to 29 tonight house at 62. Maple pine ash and cherry for the overnight

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

I did a fire prior to going to be last night. Didnt load the box just some splits like 4 and turned it all the way down.. house felt good this morning.. lit the stove again on some coles left from last night... temps this morning in the upper 30s..

Someone forgot to inform me that it was going to frost last night. I woke up, remote started the car and when I went out to get in there were tiny droplets of frozen water everywhere. I failed to cover the 'mums', so that's just awesome. And I have the summer slicks still on the car. AHH it's happening so fast. I just realized I will be skiing most likely in 36 days!

We had 36.3 this morning, the basement was 71 and the temp up here was 69. We had a fire this morning and then the wife put another three splits on some coals when I was outside, we have a temp up here of 72.

We have an outside temp of 36.5 tonight, before I loaded up the wood stove with the overnight load the basement temp was 77 and the temp up here is 71.

Reactions: MEngineer24 and MMH
We had 34.5 this morning with a load of pine going in the wood stove. The temp up here before the fire was 71 with the basement temp at 73.

Tonight the outside temp is 49.1, the basement temp at 70 and the temp up here at 71 before I started a fire with pine.

Was 30 this morning so made a medium size pine & aspen fire. Currently 69 inside and 65 outside. Going down to only 52 tonight and 59 Sunday night, so probably won't have another fire inside until Monday night. Will be burning the brush from the aspen we took down last weekend tonight in the fire pit.

We had 43.5 this morning and the house at 69, with a nice sunny day forecast for today, we went without a fire.

Reactions: MEngineer24 and MMH
I started a fire after supper tonight, the house was at 68 but has climbed to 71. The temp outside is 51.7 tonight.

Reactions: MMH
31 this morning with a small load of maple to warm the house. Supposed to reach back up into the 70s today. This will probably be the last fire for a week or so. Looks like a warming trend for next week.

Snow from last night. Snowing now and will likely snow all day today. Four loads per day of always-available beetle-killed Ponderosa Pine in my humongous Blaze King K40 King keeping us nice and toasty up at 5,000 ft. elevation in central Montana.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now? What Is In Your Stove Right Now?