What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
congrats!

Thanks! It was a rough few years trying and complications in between, ready to meet our new and last member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It was a rough few years trying and complications in between, ready to meet our new and last member!

Well, you're in real trouble now if you think the "trying" was the hard part. 'Cause that's the FUN part! ;)

Now the real work begins. Congratulations!

Ash and sassafras, tonight. Only going down to mid-40's.

Loading up just the Ashford with ash tonight to see how well its can distribute the heat to the rest off the house. It is finally cold enough to burn!

we have had a few fires last night. I went to reload this morning, so I tossed in a few pine splits and some elm. Then I realized it was going to be 80º outside, so I cut the air. I walked by 2 minutes later and it was a flame.... I shut the damper and hope it goes out!

Have a bunch of pine from a neighbor that is old & dry-rotted to a degree. Was using it in the fire-pit, now using it in the stove. Burns fast and hot, leaves very little ash, and it is enough to keep the chill off the house along with keeping the wifey happy.

Edit: Here's a picture...got some good secondary action going on and floating flames.
21822ba9e7c0ee26b901adbf539577b6.jpg

Last edited:
Last year's dust right now. Chimney sweep is backed up and i make sure he inspects every year. We r behind schedule. We did get our first fill of propane in 4 years last month with new and much better company. So keeping it 68 for now. It was 80's here last week. I'm getting the itch bad now.

Last year's dust right now. Chimney sweep is backed up and i make sure he inspects every year. We r behind schedule. We did get our first fill of propane in 4 years last month with new and much better company. So keeping it 68 for now. It was 80's here last week. I'm getting the itch bad now.
it was 80 here yesterday, 44 today!

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Got down to 27 last night. First real frost weve had so far. I havent even had to scrape a windshield til today. Ash, poplar and mostly cherry in the wood shed right now. Tonight gonna fill the last cord section with 3yr white oak and mulberry to give me a "hot side". Looking forward to posting again here!

Nothing :(. Too dang windy. 38 mph sustained gusting to 55. House is cold about 57 not sure if I'm gonna turn on the backup or blanket up till the wind dies down.

Just loaded up with oak. Down to 35F tonight, which is finally seasonable, in this unusually warm autumn.

Reactions: Rangerbait
This time last year I had already burned through a cord. This year October has been very warm. I've only gone through a wheel barrow full. Not complaining.

First fire of the season. Some red maple and ash.

Lit the first fire of the season last night. Allot of red maple and red oak this season.

Still too warm here, though that is about to change. Stove has a lot of ash in it right now that I'll need to clean out.

Full load of ultra dry tulip poplar. Secondaries are fully engaged and ROLLING! Outside temp is in the 40s and damp, so The Wife "suggested"I start a fire. The Vogelzang is earning it's keep today. 726d925d91d85d58a3054dffcd86fb93.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk