What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
E.White pine, Maple and Elm. Started Fri. afternoon and has been idling along nicely since. Mid 20's last night and never broke 37 today. Windy as well. Ahhhh. Feels sooo nice.

Reactions: ThunderMedic
Got the fire going with some Norway maple, I’m feeding it 4”-5” square elm cutoffs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loaded the harman a little over 3/4 full with some dry pine this morning. This is 11 hours later was still cruising along nicely. Probably could have gone another 2-3 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_3858.JPG
    IMG_3858.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 400
Loaded up the BK Princess with a full load of Burr Oak and locust...she is cruising right along..

Straight Ash tonight...trying out some of February's harvest that was sopping wet green when it was felled and split...a spring and summer spent in a Holz Hausen exposed to constant sun and wind has left it sub-15% and burning like its soaked in gas! 80 degrees in the stove room, 73 in the far reaches of the main floor, and 72 in the bedrooms upstairs. Been logging $5/day electricity consumption lately, contrasted with the heat pump sucking $15/day in the shoulder season last year.

lots of uglies right now... crab-apple, maple, pine, locust, elm, black walnut, and aspen.... the dog doesn't approve.

vFRKUe-_8Se6YUKb9_PVRK2K5Qhkd7GJw2O_DBQC3vBdnUqpyoTuO3JCfekqyYALRaY5niNQp_LartRcqus=w904-h678-no.jpg

this morning was ash and cherry before I left for work. While I've been home, I've been burning some huge poplar splits that are at least 5 years old and feel like styrofoam, yet burn surprisingly long.

Was 35 degrees this morning and the house was 60. My wife complained it was cold, cuz it was. I started the stove, went out and did some splitting. 12 hours later it's almost 10PM and it's now 55 outside and 75 inside. Now my wife complains to too hot...cuz it is. Lmao. Ash and black cherry on today's load up.

(2) 6" wide x 5" thick x 16" long pieces of ultra dry cherry and (1) same dimensions piece of ash

First real winter temps are coming. Temps in the teens tonight so I will be really happy to have the wood heat! Right now I've got some two year seasoned black cherry and elm in the Caddy!

Running a load of White Oak tonight...first real cold of the season...no worries..

15 degrees out. Got the red oak roaring tonight.

Hickory x 2 stoves. Great wood, or at least the bugs seem to think so.

Just touched off a load of locust that I found standing dead in my woods. Had to put a black cherry split in to really get it going fast. Got down to 22F here in Southern Maryland last night. Now headed out to split up another truck load of last year's red oak.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tar12
Reactions: Rangerbait