What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just did a middle of the nite servicing. She wuz getting bad.
Full cleanout, regasketed, cemented on all seams, and laid down
the sand base under firebrick. (hadda run the furnace.. EEEK ! ! !)
Coming up great n' hot on pine with red to follow for this 20 degree windy day.
(I'm a 3rd shifter so 1am to 4 am WalMart runs are the norm, even stove rebuilds.)

Gonna be on red, maple, and ash next few months in the meat and guts of winter.............

White oak...takes awhile to get going but burns hot and for a long time. Good for night time burns

Reactions: Tar12
Burning up some year old fir, a few rhodedendron logs from work, some poplar my boss gave me ( he was going to burn 1/4 cord worth of splits in a bonfire to make room for new wood if I didnt take it) and some pallet chunks... Some cherry to top it off b4 I go to bed. My antique parlour stove is hungry its cold here in the PNW.

I like the smoke dragon term. lol
Mine was, but we run it clean and all sealed tight.

Stayin' on the hard n' dense stuff but did lazy pine and catalpa last two warm
and not windy days. Back below freezing again and back to the slow burn.

Running 3 yr CSS White Oak full time now...Forecasting colder than normal temps for us...but I am ready!
IMG_3082.jpg
IMG_3083.PNG
IMG_3084.PNG

White oak and all the boxes and receipts that might compromise Santa Clause [emoji44]Merry Christmas to all and God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We're getting snow for Christmas!! and they've lifted the burn ban. Got a full load of elm blazing. Nothing like a hot fire to keep the fat man out of your chimney.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Reload of big White Oak and Locust splits tonight and for every night with this bitter cold snap.-5 tonight....windchill now -10 and we have more of where this come from in the forecast...:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
Burned through a couple loads of Tulip Poplar on wide open mode this evening to get the far reaches of the house nice and toasty, and to leave the firebox clear for the first load of 15% Shagbark Hickory...never burned this stuff before, so I'm very interested to see how it performs! Got 2.5 cords of is out in the stacks, so I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says.

The 91 is just starting to cruise on a load of hedge on the bottom, then hickory, topped off with red and white oak. Temp is 18°, NE wind gusting to 17 MPH, CAT right at 900°. Glass of Merlot in my hand, bird dog at my feet.

Reactions: Rangerbait
The 91 is just starting to cruise on a load of hedge on the bottom, then hickory, topped off with red and white oak. Temp is 18°, NE wind gusting to 17 MPH, CAT right at 900°. Glass of Merlot in my hand, bird dog at my feet.
That is a nice BTU combo right there!

Not too cold now maybe 25. The low temps are supposed to get to us later this week. Bedded it down with locust & hickory.

15 Liberty Bricks in the 30-NC. We shall see...